SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasgal47

When do bronze window frames work well in the interior of a home?

texasgal47
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I'm replacing single plane aluminum windows. My interior designer has recommended that I select tan or bronze window frames for my home as either of these two colors will tend to "disappear" when looking through the windows. The tan will definitely work with my home, but the bronze is what makes my heart sing when I look at photos of windows. My concern is that in real life the bronze may look harsh or dominate the room. My home is a small contemporary -- high ceilings and open concept. It has no interior window trim except for window sills. In the family room I'm doing all fixed picture windows that are the aluminum with a thermal break. These frames are fairly narrow. The breakfast room wall, which is opposite the window wall, has copper and black grass cloth. I'll have to use some black in the living area to relate the room to the wallpaper plus will use copper fabric on the sofas. There's medium walnut woods in the room and soft gold on the walls and floor. With this description, black window frames sound great, but I'm still on the fence. To me, the bronze really looks black, and it's a big change.

When I look at bronze windows in photos, there is always black in the room to tie in with the windows. Are there other factors that should be considered to make them work? Are they usually simply minimal style contemporary?

Comments (13)