SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasgal47

Requesting feedback re: interior bronze window frames

texasgal47
9 years ago

My home is a small (1500 sq. ft.) contemporary with high ceilings, open concept and no interior window trim except window sills. Plans are to order fixed aluminum windows in the family room with no grids. This should give a fairly thin profile. The interior designer has said that either tan or bronze would go with my décor. I agree with her and tend to prefer the bronze. She also said that a frame in either color would tend to "disappear" when looking outside. My concern is that a bronze, almost black, window frame may come off as looking harsh, or dominant in a room. I've only seen one home with the bronze. The décor was pretty light so the windows did look stark.

My décor is gold walls and floor, furniture with a walnut stain, cream cabinets, and copper and black grass cloth on one breakfast room wall. Some trim and accessories in black will be added. Sofas are to be upholstered in a copper colored fabric.

For you pros who have the advantage of seeing the good, the bad, and the ugly, what direction can you give? You homeowners who have had, or do have, bronze windows, any advice? Please help move me beyond "paralysis by analysis."

Comments (7)