SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjc48

March FOTESS Swap - Basic Butterflies-101

sjc48
9 years ago

Evening, Everyone and welcome to the March FOTESS Swap! As you can see by the title, we are going to be studying Butterflies this month. Why Butterflies in March? Well, this is the time of year that we all are sorting our seeds, ordering new seeds and in general, getting ready for our 2015 gardens. I thought this would be a good time to find out what is needed for Butterfly gardening, with enough time left to fit some of those plants into our gardens.

We are seriously going to study this month, Ladies! With Assignments, a pop quiz and recess time in the form of a Butterfly Bingo!

Your first assignment will be to sign up. When you have signed up, you will receive your 2nd assignment: your own personal Butterfly to research and do a "report" on. I will try to make your butterfly specific to your area. Included in the report will be: the latin name of your Butterfly, it's host and nectar plants, pics (if you have them) and any other information you can share with us. You will post your report here, and you have all month to do the "homework"! Some places to look for information for your report, which doesn't have to be very long, are libraries and the Internet. There is a wealth of info about butterflies online.

You can also do "extra credit" stuff, like sharing pics of BFs that you have taken, BF gardening that you are doing, life cycles of BFs, Moths, raising BFS in your home, books about BFs that you have read, BF poetry, etc.

Your last assignment will be to mail your partner one or two packs of BF seeds for their butterfly, along with a small BF related item. If you don't have the seeds, you can send two small BF related items. An small, 5 x 7 bubble envelope should work for this swap.

DC Please.

Sign-ups will be held until Friday, March 6. Partners will be assigned on March 7. You will have all month to mail out, and to post your report. Any questions, concerns? Did I miss anything? Let me know!

Shirley!

Comments (303)