Why Can't I Drink Wine Anymore?
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (17)
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Help, I can't grow Radishes anymore
Comments (8)Thanks for giving me some pointers, I think I will try again next spring, it is probably to late to seed them out now, right? * Posted by: Mearth z8PNW B'ham . >>Try backing off on the fertilizing, and add sand. I've found that my root crops do best with that combo. I add lots of yummy compost in the fall, then nothing until the first crop is done in the spring. Do yours put on lush top growth? Mine tend to look unimpressive until you pull them.The soil where they grow is really loose and get's good drainage, but I might try to just not fertilize them before I sow the seeds. Not sure how much foliage is lush, they seemed to have a normal amount of foliage. But maybe I just don't remember how much foliage they are supposed to have. It's been a long time since i grew Radishes last. >lol> >>Posted by: Carol_Ann Radishes like cool weather so if you're planting them after it really warms up, they won't do as well. They don't like summer heat. Also, my first thought was that you might be heavy on the nitrogen, as mentioned, but radishes are quick growers and like some fertilizer. You mentioned making your own fertilizers but didn't say what you add to the chicken manure (heavy on N) already there. If your additions are heavy on N, you might want to modify what you're doing.I don't think I planted them to late, actually the first ones I planted in late March, when I planted the peas, but they didn't sprout, so I planted again in early April. The chicken compost might be the problem. Also I got the planting soil from Lane Forest products and the more I look at their compost/soil mixes the more I think there is just too much woodpulp in it. That could cause fertility problems, right? I am using the fertilizer mix recommended by Steve Solomons Book 'Growing Vegetables West of the Cascades', I highly recommend the book for people new to the area (I am not through the book yet, but so far I think it has lot's of good info). He says that our areas soil needs lot of lime, because of the rain so he mixes 4 parts seed meal, 1/2 part lime (best to mix equal amounts of agricultural lime and dolomite), 1/2 part phosphate rock or bone meal(steamed or raw), 1/2 part kelp meal. >>You mentioned water on a timer -- think about how often that supplies water, and for how long. Once the seed has germinated, you want to really soak the bed well and then let it drain and get nearly dry before the next watering. Frequent, shallow waterings or too much water too often would hinder radish development.Because it is a new garden area I wasn't sure how much to water and how long, because it all depended how that new area draines and if the water stays in the soil or dries out quick. I am using a 1/2 gph dripper line, in the beginning, when I planted lots of seeds I set it to water for 25 min. early in the morning and another 25 min in the afternoon. Later in the year, after all seeds had sprouted I watered only once 40 min. every day. Since August I only watered every other day. Maybe that was to much water in the beginning? Anyway many thanks to the ones who responded with so many pointers. I will try again, next year. You're right eventually they come out right, I shouldn't give up so easy. What kind of Gardener gives up after just 3 years >lolgreetings Isa...See MoreI can't stand it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments (25)Let's go to Hawaii in our mind. Think of green palm trees, warm white sand under your feet, cool waves of water lapping on your ankles. Breath nice and slow and tell yourself this weather will pass and spring will be here soon. Go feed the birds some seeds, plan a spring event, and have a nice hot beverage you love. I hope the sun finds you like it has us although it's -3 (-24wc) outside. The wind is calming down which is a relief!! I'm thinking if I can finally drive out this afternoon I'll bring food to the community pantry. Then On Sat, I hope to drive up to Elkhorn to attend Grammahony's benefit meal/auction for her grandson Nathan. DD also has 3 basketball games this weekend I'm really looking forward too. Oh my, If it weren't for other activities this snow would make me crazy. I feel for you, since I'm pretty dang close to pounding my legs and arms too. Told dh yesterday I wouldn't have made it like the homesteaders had too. Looney comes to mind....See MoreI can't take it anymore I need your advice...please
Comments (9)This goes way beyond normal kids staying up late at night; just the sleep deprivation alone is torture & abuse. The stepson enjoys doing it, & his father enables it. "My family doctor and my psychiatrist feel that I should leave this unhealthy environment but I do love my partner and that is what keeps me here." I hate to say it, but I think you'll leave pretty soon one way or another. If you don't go under your own steam, an ambulance will take you to the hospital or the nursing home or the funeral home. & this "partner" will not come visit you; he'll throw your belongings out & forget about you (although if you're in the cemetary, he may tell people how broken-hearted he is). This is how abusers are, I've seen it before. & he *is* an abuser; even though it's the son who's mistreating you, the father is making sure that the son can keep doing it. sort of abuse at arm's length. It doesn't matter how often you catch the son & present concrete evidence to his dad, the dad will somehow sweep it under the rug & turn the tables & accuse you of causing trouble. That's called blaming the victim. Loving somebody does *not* involve taking whatever abuse they or their messed-up offspring dish out & coming back for more. Loving someone doesn't mean throwing yourself on the floor for them to wipe their feet on & pleading for them to stop; (& why would they? hey, they've got a good doormat there). Loving relationships are just that, *relationships*. Love is a 2-way street, & you are going against traffic on a 1-way street here. You've already gotten to a stop light, & your doctors have told you to take a sharp turn, but you keep thinking that the oncoming traffic will let you through. Take that turn & get off that street. Since you are seeing a doctor & a psychiatrist, I'd guess that you can afford to get a place of your own, but if you can't, call a women's shelter for guidance. Please take care of yourself & be good to yourself....See MoreWhy can't I upload pictures anymore?
Comments (16)The article I read said Windows Essential 2012 which included it's photo gallery has been discontinued. But that was written in 2018. Photo gallery came with my PC, it still works when I upload a picture to other places online, or to an email. This is the only place it won't work. What do you mean when you say move the photo to my desktop? I'm using a desktop (PC) which has photo gallery. Maybe I need more coffee. :)...See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

KITCHEN DESIGNTrending Now: 25 Kitchen Photos Houzzers Can’t Get Enough Of
Use the kitchens that have been added to the most ideabooks in the last few months to inspire your dream project
Full Story
PETS5 Finishes Pets and Kids Can’t Destroy — and 5 to Avoid
Save your sanity and your decorating budget by choosing materials and surfaces that can stand up to abuse
Full Story
DINING ROOMSBenches: Not Just for Picnics Anymore
Add Character and Clean Lines with a Stylish Bench at the Table
Full Story
KITCHEN OF THE WEEKKitchen of the Week: We Can’t Stop Staring at This Bright Blue Island
A single mom updates her childhood kitchen, so she and her daughter have a functional and stylish space
Full Story
LIFEThe Polite House: How Can I Kindly Get Party Guests to Use Coasters?
Here’s how to handle the age-old entertaining conundrum to protect your furniture — and friendships
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: 19 Kitchen Upgrades for When You Can't Afford an Overhaul
Modernize an outdated kitchen with these accents and accessories until you get the renovation of your dreams
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPING10 Chores You Can Whip Through During Commercials
Use ad time for getting tasks done, and it’s like fast-forwarding your house into cleanliness
Full Story


Amazing Aunt Audrey