SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zagyzebra

Pool landscaping: a question of symmetry

zagyzebra
9 years ago

The coping (a sandy colored Utah stone) for my swimming pool will be installed this week. It's time for me to seriously think about landscaping. On the left hand side along the wall, I was planning on a background row of indigo spires; in the foreground along the coping, blue fescue. Hanging succulents will drip down from the overhanging planters. On the right hand side along the coping, there will be a 16" border for planting. Beyond that, and along the wall, will be a wood arbor with a bench and some overhanging vines.

My question is this: for the purposes of symmetry, I presume I should continue the blue fescue on the right hand side, so that the coping is bordered on both the left and right sides with blue fescue. Or will it be boring having just blue fescue running along both sides of the pool coping? Should I introduce another plant on the right border? And if so, what? Any suggestions? Thoughts? I prefer low maintenance, low water plants, this being So Cal drought land. I also want to keep it simple.

Comments (9)