SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smalloldhouse_gw

Durability of Blu Dot strut table? (@bbstx & anyone else?)

smalloldhouse_gw
9 years ago

I read @bbstx's great discussion about buying the Strut console a while back and wondered how it might be holding up for her or others.

I'm in the market for a relatively long, narrow coffee table in a light color that can withstand regular abuse by 2 boys. The Blu Dot Strut table in ivory would be perfect in almost every respect, but at least one of the online reviews I saw raised a question about durability & scratching. The frame is steel, but the top is MDF with a polyurethane finish.

My kids are past the blocks phase of life but legos are omnipresent. And my husband is incapable of using a coaster for equally frequent coffee cups. Does that sound like a death sentence for this lovely table?

I'm open to other ideas if anyone has them. We've had a weathered white wood table for a decade, and wiping off kid gunk has left it far more weathered than white. We have 2 new sofas coming this week that are a dark velvety taupe, and the rug is a mostly ivory Persian carpet with pale melon accents, so I want to keep the coffee table light-colored. I think glass or mirrored surface with be a fingerprint disaster. White would be a cinch, but I haven't found a lot of durable, off-white/ivory options in the $500 range. Thanks for any input!

Comment (1)