SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smalloldhouse_gw

Help me find a new coffee table

smalloldhouse_gw
9 years ago

Just before the Houzz migration, GWers helped me decide how to reconfigure my living room - it's where my family of 4 spends most of our time and I was trying to eke out every last inch of space by shifting from an L-shaped sectional to 2 facing couches. The room is about 12x20 with 3 doorways leading to the kitchen, dining room & side exterior door.

The couches arrived last week, and they're great. The room feels more spacious and open, and my 2 boys aren't fighting any more for the "best" spot on the sectional. They are big couches, and we'll probably divest of some of the side chairs that are still hanging around in the picture below.

Of course shopping begets more shopping, and first on the list (besides something to hold the TV, on the wall opposite the picture window) is a coffee table. The current one is weathered white painted teak and has seen a lot of abuse. I don't want to go any wider, so I'm looking for 24" or less in terms of width. I think I want something light in color, and I think glass is probably a disaster with 2 boys. I've already ruled out the Blu Dot Strut table, which was perfect in every way but thanks to @bbstx, I know it's not durable enough for regular lego contact.

This one is probably my leading contender at the moment: http://www.wayfair.com/angelo-HOME-Grove-Hill-Coffee-Table-ANH1919.html But I'm worried about the dark wood top. I wondered if anyone here might have suggestions on what might work best.... Thanks for any advice, and for steering me wisely so far along the way!

Comments (24)