SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prettybluehouse

Unusual foyer light- buy it, or not?

prettybluehouse
8 years ago

I went shopping for a kitchen faucet today and when walked into a store that also sells lighting, we saw this:

My husband loved it. I really like it. We have a foyer with a 17 ft ceiling and have been looking for lighting for it. I planned to go with an open lantern (no glass) style fixture and this is like that, only multiplied and turned all around. It's called the Houdini and made by Corbett. It's 64", so it's big, but we have the space. It's listed for about $4300 everywhere, but the showroom where we saw it is selling it at a deep discount as it's a floor model they've had for awhile. They said that although a lot of people like it, nobody has wanted to buy it yet. They're offering it for almost a 1/4 of the regular price- that's of, not 1/4 off.

FYI, our style is eclectic, the house itself is pretty traditional for a house built in 1989. We definitely embrace the unusual. The foyer will be painted BM Washington Blue. It has a watermelon Blu Dot Strut console table and a modern portrait in an ornate, heavy wood frame that's set on a diagonal. There's nothing else in the foyer.

What do you all think?

Here's a video about this fixture

Comments (31)