SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
link32

What type of range hood is most classic for a 1920s kitchen?

dmeah
9 years ago

Hi all. I'm hoping you're still here and can help me after this houzz takeover...I mean, merging.

As a lot of you already know (thanks for the layout advice!), we're renovating our 1927 bungalow kitchen with the following plans thus far:

- Custom cabinets made to match the few remaining original ones in the house (inset shaker style, glass doors in uppers). They'll be painted white, because as far as I can tell, that's what they would have been originally.

- Integrated/paneled fridge and DW to try and blend in

- SS gas range, which we know will stand out, and it will obviously look like a 2010s era range, but functionality wins on that point.

- BS: Thinking about white subway tile because it is classic (though there are some concerns it will look dated in the not-too-distant future).

- Floors: Original oak

- Countertops: TBD

My question is this: what range hood would look best/most appropriate? An integrated/wood one that sort of blends in with the cabinetry, or a stainless steel undercabinet one (NOT chimney)? Obviously, there wouldn't have been a range hood there originally, but we're trying to make the whole kitchen look as period-appropriate as possible while maintaining (improving) functionality.

Will both options look just as dated in 10 years? Which do you think complements a vintage house better? TIA for any advice, opinions, comments, etc!

Provence House · More Info

Simple integrated hood

Mt Tabor Kitchen Remodel · More Info

SS undercabinet

Comments (33)