Wild Rice
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (19)
Related Discussions
Wild Rice Risotto?
Comments (15)Thank you everyone. The fact that wild rice has a very nice flavor and Arborio does not, made me determined to find a way to make wild rice risotto. Unfortunately I was not successful finding a recipe by Googling. The so-called wild rice risotto recipes I found all use Arborio rice with wild rice. As I mentioned, wild rice cooks very loose with no starch for the creamy risotto texture. No. I did not stand next to the stove and stir for 24 hours to get the wild rice creamy. After trying a few ways, this was what worked, a totally painless way. The wild rice was cooked in a pressure cooker with Pork, beef and chicken stock because I didn�t want the wild rice to taste like chicken , pork or beef. You can get the wild rice to any degree of firmness the way you prefer (Al dente) in a pressure cooker. Put a good part of the cooked wild rice in your bread machine, add some more stock and use the knead cycle to stir the wild rice. It took my machine three knead cycles to get the wild rice creamy like risotto, but there was no work on my part. Depending on if you like a more or less soupy runny risotto, add back some un-stirred wild rice and cook with other ingredients and seasoning to get your finished risotto. Teresa, I decided to have okra because I was not sure if this method would work, perhaps I would need the gooey viscous okra juice to help out, but as it turn out, the risotto was good enough. BTW, I think farmed wild rice will not work because it is much firmer then real free range wild rice. dcarch...See MoreScallops In Wild Rice Soup
Comments (16)Dcarch - this thread prompted me to run out tonite and buy some scallops. I bought 4 really large dry packed scallops. I cooked them at a high temp in unclarified butter; I just finished eating them and they were heaven. It's really cold here and I have been sick for almost a month. This treat of scallops has motivated me. Suddenly shopping for new appliances, flooring and counter tops does not seem so overwhelming. Chase - your comments remind me of one of my little sisters. Each family gathering she never fails to point out that one of my contributions always contains wild rice. I will offer you the same advice I give Elizabeth. No one is forcing you to put any wild rice on your plate....See MoreWild Rice PIAF! ---- ??? -- La Vie En Rose--------
Comments (3)Thanks John. Yes, the Kool Aid powder gives a very pronounced fruity berry flavor to the final product, but not over powering. In a way, similar to orange duck, pineapple chicken recipes. The color is wonderful. You may notice I even sprinkled some on the hen to help caramelization because it is mostly sugar. I should have put more. I will make this dish again for a party I always have for Bastille Day. dcarch...See MorePictures of Caesarstone Wild Rice, Please!
Comments (2)I have Caesarstone wild rice. My kitchen was done in 2012. The counter has one seam. Its not invisible, but I have no issues so far. I am very happy with quartz....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years agobcskye thanked dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Rustic and Traditional in South Carolina
Lowcountry design and materials inspire farmhouse-style home on old rice field
Full Story
ENTERTAINING8 Stress-Busting Tips for Hosting Small Gatherings
Make entertaining easy with these ideas for casual get-togethers
Full Story
HEALTHY HOME12 Ways to Set Up Your Kitchen for Healthy Eating
Making smart food choices is easier when your kitchen is part of your support team
Full Story
EARTH DAY5 Ideas for a More Earth-Friendly Garden
Consider increasing the size of garden beds, filtering rainwater and using plants to reduce energy use
Full Story
HOLIDAYS8 Ideas for Welcoming the New Year
Host a champagne gathering, enjoy a family game night, take time for reflection or have a festive brunch
Full Story
ECLECTIC STYLEHouzz Tour: Eclectic Down-Home Style in Texas
A Texas family goes for comfortable, colorful furnishings and crisp white walls for a look they call ‘Southern Americana’
Full Story
NEUTRAL COLORSColor Guide: How to Work With Beige
If you yawn and dismiss it, you're missing out on beige's infinite subtleties and the possibilities it brings to room designs
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESThe Case for In-Between Colors
These mutable hues defy easy description, but their appeal all around the home isn't hard to get
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESPaper Chase: Wallpaper Through the Ages to Today
Get on a decorating roll with a wall covering that's been around for centuries but comes in more exciting designs than ever
Full Story
LIFEHow to Outsmart Backyard Critters
Learn to think like a raccoon, skunk or squirrel to keep your home safe and your garden intact
Full Story
Teresa_MN