SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alameda_gw

Question About Golden Celebration

I was trimming dead wood out of my roses along my long front fenceline - hadn't been up close to them for awhile due to being busy and bad weather. All are looking good with one exception - Golden Celebration. It is just covered in blackspot. It is in full, all day sun and the roses along that fenceline get afternoon sun until late in the day. It has never really thrived, tho it is growing. But this blackspot! What a mess! I am pretty lenient about blackspot, but this looks awful. I am going to pick all the diseased leaves off it and spray, including the ground around it. We are to be in the 70's this weekend.

What I would like to know - is this rose bad about getting blackspot? And while it is dormant, I am wondering if I should move it to a spot where it doesn't get quite as much sun. I have seen some gorgeous photos of it - but mine sure doesn't fall in that category. The blooms are lovely - and I want to like the rose - but apparently it needs something I am not giving it and would sure appreciate some tips on giving this rose what it needs to let it reach its potential. Thanks!
Judith

Comments (8)