SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raleighsharon

New addition/kitchen renovation

raleighsharon
9 years ago

I've just finished the footprint plans for our addition and renovation. We live in a 1959 split level brick ranch. The main level is the foyer/kitchen/dining/living room. We are going to knock out the back wall (along existing kitchen and dining) and the wall between the kitchen and dining and add 8 ft along the back. We will add another 5 feet or so to the side to add a powder room and mud room area and then a screen porch off to the side.
While our structural engineer is doing his thing, I'm going to keep moving ahead with the interior layout.
Here's where I am -
Large bank of windows bumped out. All base cabinets along exterior wall except maybe a dish hutch after the last window (near probably location of dw).
I'm showing a center island. I want two ovens, but after reading all of the issues with double ovens, I'm thinking of a cook top with a separate oven underneath (I want it to be built in) and then one to the side.
The only upper cabinets I'm imagining would be on either side of the hood before the bump out. There would be pantry storage on other side of oven and then another small pull out pantry next to the refrigerator.

I'm wondering if my clearances are enough.
Or if there are any more interesting/better layouts. I've played around with several versions. There are so many experts here, I thought I would let you guys chime in on this.

Here is the proposed plan so far:

This post was edited by RaleighSharon on Sun, Dec 7, 14 at 13:57

Comments (8)