SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frogtalk358

Help with ceiling paint color for cinnamon-colored library/office

frogtalk358
9 years ago

I am painting our library/home office/music practice room SW Tassel, which I'd describe as a cinnamon color. There isn't much exposed wall space in the room -- French doors open to the foyer (SW Ecru) on one wall, the wall to the right has a large south-facing window with Pottery Barn Simone panels stacked on one side, the wall opposite the door has tall teak bookcases, and the wall on the right has a built-in counter used as a computer desk with art hug above it.

I painted the ceiling SW Decor White, which looked good . . . until I started on the walls. I struggle with color but I think I need more color on the ceiling -- something that reads creamy or maybe pale gold rather than stark white. Am I right? Suggestions, please?

First photo with overhead can lights on, no flash. There are 2 coats of paint below the ceiling and in the corner shown in the photos, still need to add one more, The center of the space above the bookcases has just one coat from my should-I-quit-it-keep-or-keep-painting pass.

Comments (23)