SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlosmom

Our office/library -- a work in progress

arlosmom
12 years ago

I've been working hard on our office/library and am really happy with how it's looking so far. I thought I'd share some progress pictures. Since my original post, I primed and painted the ceiling and walls, and am pretty far along on the trim. I love the Wythe blue. Right now I'm painting the double window with the diamond panes. I got the first coat of paint on this morning. It won't be fun to scrape the excess paint off all those nooks and crannies!

Last weekend DH and I went to Ikea and bought 3 new bookcases and got them assembled. This is the first time in more than 7 years that my books have been down from the attic and all in one place. I can't tell you how excited that makes me.

The two wicker chairs are at the upholsterer now, being stripped of all their old upholstery. My game plan is to paint them a medium gray and re-upholster them in charcoal mohair velvet. The lines of the chairs are kind of prim and proper, so I thought a serious color would be most fitting (plus I think the charcoal velvet is incredibly yummy!). I still need to get curtain rods and curtains up, plus decide what to do with the empty wall to the left as you enter the room.

So here is how the room looks now. Our printer, router, file boxes and office supplies are all in the old TV armoire.

Here are the wicker chairs "before"...sorry about the dark picture

Still deciding what to put on this wall. I'd love an enormous framed map of the world, but I'm trying to purchase as little as possible for the room. Ideas?

I'm loving the Wythe blue walls with the rug. At first glance, the blue in the rug is much more of a robin's egg blue, but there is a second blue in the rug that you don't notice right off that is dark and very greenish. The rug doesn't feel disjointed to me at all.

Here is a link that might be useful: original post about my room

Comments (17)