SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swimkin

Paint for a Carrarra Marble Bathroom?

Zoe52
9 years ago

I had a lot of great help in here to repaint a troublesome bathroom and bedroom in our old home that we sold last year after removing tons of wallpaper. Thanks for that!

Now I am looking for paint suggestions to go in our new Master Bathroom in a home we are currently building.

The flooring is to be White Carrara Marble Hexagons (not sure if they will be 2" or 3" yet) framed by White Polished Carrara Marble Tiles. The idea is to make the flooring look like a rug. I got the idea from an online picture.

There will be White Carrara Polished marble tiles on the wall of my shower with a single horizontal strip of glass tile (picture included) in my shower. Smaller marble hexagons will be repeated on the floor.

Our bath cabinets are to be a dark chocolate brown color with towers on either side and with a mirror framed to look like furniture. The handles are to be crystal pulls. Each bath cabinet will have two single chrome and crystal sconces on the mirrors. The counter top will also be done in White Carrara Marble. The white sinks are undermounted with Polished Chrome faucets that have crystal knob on top of the stopper.

There is a barrel ceiling with a chrome and crystal chandelier hanging from the middle of the room. All fixtures are to be Polished Chrome and the tub is white.

The room itself gets plenty of light as there is a rather large window over the tub. (That will definitely need to be covered with some good window treatment before we use the room!) My builder suggested plantation shutters, but I am not sure I would like that idea in there.

Anyway, I was thinking of doing a darker grey paint on the barrel ceiling with a lighter grey paint on the walls. Or should I do the reverse??

I have a hallway between the bedroom to the bathroom with walk in closets on both sides of the hall I need to paint, too. There will be another chandelier in that hall since the bath chandelier will not likely show at all due to the barrel ceiling.

I am probably going with silver and turquoisish colors in our bedroom so I may do grey in there as well. However, I am not done picking all my linens out yet, though.

Suggestions for colors and pictures of some sample rooms would be terrific. And thank you to all those who respond.

This post was edited by zoe52 on Sat, Jan 3, 15 at 23:41

Comments (17)