SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

After all that talk about car safety, I got hit today.

alisande
9 years ago

I was stopped for a light today, in the left turning lane, when a guy hit the right rear corner of my Outback. Big crunch. He was angled as though he'd been attempting to pull into the right lane. I started to get out of the car--and he pulled away.

I got his license number. I'm pretty sure I got it right. It's funny . . . I always notice cars, and I've thought more than once that if I were ever asked to identify a vehicle I'd be really good at it. I know all the insignias. But I have no idea what this car was. I was so intent on reading and memorizing the license number until I could write it down (which I did, on a napkin). I hope the police can ID him.

It's possible the guy thought we would exchange information, etc., in the mall parking lot across the street, because that's where he went. But I couldn't get over there right away because of traffic, and when I could, he'd disappeared.

Anyway, that was no fun. The bumper is crushed at that corner, and fender was popped out. The cop popped it back in again, but I suspect there's more to the fender repair than that. He was very nice.

I guess today wasn't my day. I'm glad the eBay issue got resolved, at least.

First Flamingo, now me. I hope this doesn't go in threes. :-)

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH