SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joanne94551

Bathroom floor tile quandary

joanne94551
9 years ago

Need advice re flooring tile for our master bathroom renovation.
We are going for a traditional look combined with contemporary elements.
Our custom vanity is cherry wood stained a medium dark reddish brown. At 92" long with two towers bracketing the ends, it will dominate the room. Countertop will either be a marble slab or a white quartz material.
We wanted a marble-look porcelain tile for the floor, but can't find the right white shade.

We found a dark gray 12x24 gray porcelain tile that we love, but I am afraid a dark gray tile will clash with the dark cherry vanity.

We had thought we'd find a marble-look glossy tile that matched the tile in the shower, but we can't find the pure white with gray striations to match the wall-only tile. I want to add blue accents in window covering, paint, and/or tile accents. I love blue-brown combos, and blue-gray combos, but will a blue-reddish-brown-gray combination work or clash dreadfully?

Photo shows the ceramic shower tile we are using with the dark gray tile next to a similarly stained cherry shelf.

Thanks for all opinions and advice. Feel free to share your experience with marble countertops in a bathroom, also.

Comments (14)