SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1happygrandparent

shoe mold-bathroom. vinyl over tile floor & tile wall

1HAPPYGRANDPARENT
12 years ago

I have an old house that in the bathroom they have tiled floors & 1/2 way up the wall. I had vinyl put down over the floors (looks great - had lots of prep work so would stay as they're not floating floors). So I have a vinyl floor over tile, tile 1/2 way up the wall & I used Venetian Plaster for the walls (looks terrific).

My problem is that I want a thin shoe mold going all around (I know, it has to be glued) even though in most places it's a perfect cut. Contractor suggested just using some type of caulking instead of a shoe mold. But all through my house I have baseboards & shoe molds - so want to keep the same look. But using wood does not sound good to me as the bathrooms get damp/wet all the time. Am unable to find any precolored vinyl/plastic shoe molding & wondered if anyone has any suggestions to stay away from wood? One bathroom will be easy to match a color (gray), the other one will be hard as it's a combination of, I guess, mauve, pink, salmon, etc., tile going 1/2 way up the wall is off white.

Would appreciate any suggestions as I'm open to ideas but it must be done within a week as my Mom's coming to stay a month with me...and you know what they say, your house must look perfect for your "MOM".

Comment (1)