SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gininmn

Long MIA - Warning long post

gininmn
9 years ago

(Frustration: just lost a post I was typing--hit a wrong key?! Phooey!) I've been away from posting here for a very long time and decided that today I would do something about it and stop to say hello to those of you who remember me and those who don't. I attended, with my husband along, the wonderful 2010 GW Quilting Retreat at Camp Cheerio, meeting a great group of quilters who immediately became dear friends. Only 10 days after the retreat, when we'd finished doing fun vacation things in NC and W VA and we'd had an unexpected delay in our trip home when I had an emergency appendectomy in Gallipolis, OH, my dear husband Darryl died by accidental drowning. On November 2, 2010, life changed drastically for me, including things I'm responsible for taking care of around here, never to be the same. I've never gotten back to quilting except for a few small gift projects and have not even gotten supplies that I'd taken along put away and my quilting room back in shape. Because I was restricted from lifting much weight after surgery, Darryl brought things in from the van and put them in my room. I've gotten out things I've needed but found it difficult to go in and do the rest. This morning, I made a commitment to some new positive steps for my life as a widow, such as it is. One of those is to get back to my quilting. I was a rookie in 2010 and still am. I have been visiting this forum fairly often and reading the posts often but haven't done much more. It's time for me to step up and do more, here and in my quilting room. I appreciated the friendship of those of you I met at Camp Cheerio and love and treasure the comfort quilt you made me after Darryl died. It sits on my rocker in my living room where I admire it or cuddle up with it. Well, enough blabbering from me (don't want it what I'm writing to disappear again).

Comments (18)