SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenerlorisc_ia

appliance mfg's & Home owner's ins.

Long story short, I had a water leak in a less than 2 YO dishwasher. ( Also, had a repairman out to do some fixes before the warranty expired). So, the panel had been removed about 10 months before the leak was discovered and no leak at that time.

If it is part of ordinary home maintenance to check appliances for leaks, why is there not a door at the bottom of the dishwasher so you don't have to get down on the floor to unscrew the panels or at least that the mfg's are required to install a leak detector on any appliance that has water to it? I will put leak detectors under every appliance I have after this.

I sent the leaking DW valve in to the insurance company for a possible subrogation while it is my life that is turned upside down and nickel and dimed to death in the claim. They are depreciating a 5 YO dining room floor which was in perfect condition before the leak by 50%.

Since it is a smaller more modest home I am not getting high dollar floorcoverings even though they are quite nice.

Am I being unreasonable to think the insurance company will make me whole when that is what the adjuster said at the time she was out to observe the damage.

There, I feel a little better just getting the rant off my chest. Thanks!!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!