SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Females: wonder if I'm going to need surgery?

Sueb20
9 years ago

To make a long story short, a cyst was found on an ovary a few months ago and I just had the third pelvic ultrasound to monitor it (the hope was that it would go away and dr. was being cautious because of my family history -- mom died of ovarian cancer at 55 and so did my paternal grandmother, at 65). It is a "complex cyst." And as of this latest u/s, it has gotten bigger. So now I get an MRI, not yet scheduled (they're supposed to call today).

The cyst was found in a routine ultrasound -- because of family history, I have them annually.

In addition, there are some fibroids, which is new -- as far as I know I have not had them before. Also, a thicker than normal endometrial lining, which is also new for me.

So it seems like I have a lot of issues. First I am having the MRI, then an appt. with a GYN. I am a little concerned just because it seems like a lot of stuff out of nowhere. I've had these annual ultrasounds for 10+ years and nothing has ever been found. I just wonder if this array of issues is the sort of thing that's likely to lead to a hysterectomy....and yes, I'm probably getting ahead of myself. Just wonder if any of you ladies have any insight.

I hope they can schedule the appts. ASAP so I don't have to wait long. The first ultrasound was in the early fall, so this has been going on for a while already but I wasn't concerned at all until yesterday.

Comments (51)