SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
curlysue_gw

I'm going to need a bailout if this keeps up

curlysue
15 years ago

Okay I confess in the past that I haven't been the best at saving money on my utility bills, I mean it was just to hard to monitor every little kilowatt. Since DD went away to college and now it is just myself and SO I thought okay we can keep an eye on things, you know what I mean, lights off when you leave a room, 10 minute showers instead of the 30 minutes that DD loved so much, less loads of laundry, because the little princess isn't there to change clothes 3 or 4 times a day. And the weather has been so nice here that we haven't had to use the AC in 3 weeks. I got my electric bill yesterday and I opened it with anticpation and the thought of all of the money we had saved. HA and a big fat HA. $109.74 that was my bill. $18.65 was a TVA power cost adjustment-what the he!! is that. I called the electric company to find out-the ding bat there told me it was for the equipment used to transport my electricity. I asked where did you transport it from China. She laughed. I was serious. Gas prices are going down, transportation cost should be cheaper. She laughed again. So I said 'so this is always going to be on my bill even if I don't want to pay it' She is probably still laughing.

Best I can tell the price of gas went down and the price of electricity went up.

I just want to know 'who is going to bail me out?'

Comments (23)