SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arbutusomnedo

Plumbing Work = Two Less Ficus Trees + Space for a Rambler?

My parents were having some plumbing work done this weekend when it was discovered that the roots of two Ficus trees are beginning to penetrate a portion of their pipes in the backyard. This will lead to the removal of the trees and a new, large open spot against a building with good morning sun, but some afternoon dappled-shade.

The spot is a good 20' wide or so and the building goes up 10' with no wires or trees above. This seems like a really great opportunity to try a rambler or some large once-bloomer. The closest plant that won't be taken out is a double, white Brugmansia that would be in the general scene of the rambler as well.

What ramblers or large climbers-besides Banskias and Cecile Brunner- would do well here in Zone 10 that you can recommend that would go well with the white Brugmansia? I've been looking at the Barbier ramblers, but I have no clue if they do well without some chill. She very much likes the thought of Paul's Himalayan Musk or something like Francois Juranville/Albertine/et cet. I have absolutely no experience with ramblers other than Lady Banks, so I'm all ears! Thanks everyone!

Jay

Comments (17)