SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherine_7531

pachira aquatica Desperate for Help

Catherine_7531
9 years ago

Hello can anybody help me with what may be wrong/ need doing with my pachira aquatica. I have absolutely no gardening experience at all so bear that in mind with your answers :) . I brought the plant 3 days ago in the UK it's 1.5 metres high and a classic braided stem. I've brought it home and it's already beginning to droop and the leaves look like they have been chewed in some way. I have no pets etc and no one/anyone else's pets etc have been in the house. It came in a pot that was 10 Inches wide (diameter I think) that has six or so holes in the bottom. I have watered it once since its been home as the soil was very dry. But I'm cautious to assume its dehydrated as I know these plants do not like to be over watered. The leaves are still green but they are drooping and curling under. I have cut off one of the most nibbled leaves (picture attached) My questions are 1) what could be wrong with it 2) does it need repotting is the shop tub too small 3) how and which type of soil would it need to be repotted. 4) just generally what can u do to keep it alive. I have sentimental reasons for buying this plant and am desperate to keep it healthy and thriving, I drove 180 miles to buy it lol that's how much it means to have it in my home. Any help you give a girl who has absolutely no knowledge of plants and methods would be amazing. Thank you

Comments (23)