SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acfurino

please help me!! my perrenials are dying!!

acfurino
13 years ago

About one month ago I planted a garden in front of my mom's house for mother's day. I'm located in Bay Shore, New York (Long Island).

I went to Walmart and bought soil and perrenials. The soil I got was Miracle Gro "Moisture Control" Garden Soil.

I forget the exact name of the perrenials but I got two kinds. I also bought one kind of seasonal. All three types were bought from Walmart two days before I planted. It was about 10-12 flowers total. I planted them from left to right: Perrenial #1 - Seasonal - Perrenial #2 - Seasonal - Perrenial #1 - Seasonal - Perrenial #2 ... as so on. All flowers were planted about one foot away from each other.

Before I planted the flowers, I dug up just a little bit of dirt (not much) and put down one layer of the Miracle Gro soil and 4-6 inches high. I then planted the flowers and added another 4-6 inches of Miracle Gro soil to surround it. I guess this is called a raised bed?

The location of this garden is in front of the house on the lawn (and as mentioned above in Bay Shore, New York).

The flowers get enough sun (6-8 hours) and they are watered once a day.

*Each day that goes by, the perrenial flowers die more and more and now some are turning brown. The seasonal look like they're growing because they got taller. But what is wrong with the perrenials?? How can I fix this and make them grow and eventually bloom?

PLEASE HELP ME IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks,

Anthony

acfurino@yahoo.com

Comments (2)