SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liketolearn_gw

I have a problem ... Santa's elves followed me home!

liketolearn
16 years ago

The first step is admitting you have a problem ... mine is I love Santa's elves!

It all started when I was about 5 years old and I fell in love with a 2ft tall Christmas elf decoration. Now 40 years later I think I'm out of control and may need some "elf-help".

Over the years I've collected numerous elves. Often it's a search as Santa's elves are not as near as popular as snowmen or Santa. Yesterday I was at Kmart and saw a display of elves (Trim-a-Home Christmas Kids). The small elves were 28" tall and $19.99 and the big elves were 36" tall and $24.99. They are made of fabric with red and green outfits, pointy elf shoes, and happy faces. Their arms are poseable so all I can imagine is how cute they will be standing next to the Christmas tree hanging an ornament. I was head over heels in love with them but resisted the impulse to buy. Surely they would go on sale and I could get more than just 3 elves (another problem is not just one elf will do).

So this morning I check the Kmart ad online and they're on sale for 20% off! Woohoo! So off I go driving through the icy sleet because I HAVE to have the elves and I must get there before they sell-out (because in my mind they are so cute that everyone is probably rushing there to buy them). I decide to buy 6 elves ... 3 elves for me, 2 elves for my niece who's newly married and expecting her first child, and 1 elf for a gift give-away. So there I am strolling through Kmart with a shopping cart filled with elves. People are laughing as it was quite a sight! I was already so happy I couldn't stop smiling and then the cashier told me the elves rang up at $9.99 each ... 50% off!

You would think this happy ending would be the end of the story, but it's not ... I went back for more. I know what your thinking ... how many elves does one person need?

The 36" tall elves would look perfect standing next to the big Christmas tree. The big elves were $24.99 and suppose to be on sale for $19.99. I took one for a price check and it was actually on sale for 50% off ... how's a girl suppose to resist that? So I picked out 2 big elves and somewhere along the way down the aisle another 6 small elves jumped into my shopping cart!

I know if your counting elves by now you know that I have a house full of elves! Yes I am desperately in need of some "elf-help" but I have this huge smile on my face!

Comments (9)