SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veeja11

UPDATE: new thread for secret elves at work

veeja11
18 years ago

The thread is getting a bit long so am starting a new one. Earthly your pal says she has received, but has computer problems and will post soon.

Comments (91)

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Actually posted to the wrong one (whoops!) Faint...looks like you've been elf'd! ROTFL!

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

deb

nothing when i came home. please DO NOT send a make up. it has to be somewhere.

i will call the post office tomorrow and see what i can find out. thanks for posting the confirmation number and delivery date. i'll report back tomorrow.

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap (3rd Annual) thread 2

Q

Comments (140)
    Please, see the new thread for all wish lists posted as well as games and fun... link below... Blessings, Angela Here is a link that might be useful: Secret Santa Swap, thread 3
    ...See More

UPDATE: Secret Santa Cards Rec'd and games ( thread 4)

Q

Comments (158)
    Me too! I got 7 cards today. My first day I received them. Jodie(Jodie74) sent me plenty of zinnia and gaillardia seeds Lisa(pumpkingal) sent me zinnia orange, gaillardia, black eyed susans and daisy (what a nice selection) Angelu(yotetrapper) sent me moon & stars watermelon and jarrahdale pumpkin (I have to look these up - am excited for these) Iris(rane_grow) - fanfare blanket flower Lynn(fearadun) - gaillardia (red/yellow), mutant marigold, calendula (unique card) Ellie(farmergirl) - canna , zinnia and gaillardia Katie(redthreaddiy) - canna, balloon flower and gaillardia (I will check out your website soon - I like that you put what type it is in your own seed packet like half - hardy - I think I messed up some seeds before due to that) I'm excited to start wintersowing. I thank you so much for the nice cards and seeds. I will attach all these cards to my wall... Thank you Kym for setting this up. It involves a lot of time to organize this. I will have various zinnias and gaillardia. =-) Hope they will flower the first year. Michelle
    ...See More

UPDATE: Secret Santa; Games and Card Recieving ( Thread 3 )

Q

Comments (150)
    i hope you got my send-to list kym? i sent it a good few days ago ok onto my pictures (because someone said how to do it LOL dont think they have watermarks? please excuse if they do they ARE older pictures as well) thats my angel i easily have TONS more pictures of her from me messing around with the flash and such i love taking pictures of her but shees just soo camera shy! --if anyone knows what breed she is im ears all i know is to me shees like perfect soo kind soo loving the first cat to llike me and really aware of her claws was taken according to its statistics (the website these are all on is an art site) in 04 i know this was before "taming" her at the time i think i took a step closer and she bolted so its OLD--anywho thats buffy who my mom thinks may be a coon and theres harley that was the first picture i took with that camera it was literally "har can you come? can you sit?" and took the pic he is OFTEN on my wing watching out and just being a good pup i think hees a border collie mix and overall i think great pup --oh lol aand GOOFY! ok that ones not a photo of my "pets" (lets face it you dont "own" them you care for them and if they dont respect you then youre theere servant as well--ill stoop my possible rant there as well) but its one of my many art projects it was hand drawn (1/4th of it) then scanned cleaned up colors inverted with the pattern put together on illustrater and border added on illustrater then saved as pdf and resaved as a jpg on shop (ok it SOUNDS a lot worse then it was) but i had fun and its been too long sence ive drawn too too too long this waas done in fall 07 i think its prolly been that long sence ive really drawn also in fox on 7 i right-click "copy image location" to get the url it works on xp and vista i think it also works on mac os (may require a control click on the thing in question an image here) yes i am geeky oh! lol aas for orniments i dont know yet i have hemp paper some atleast basic skills could prolly make something from them alone (thinking a square knot variation of a bead thing i made at the camper was the only 3d option ive done bead things and tho most were like gekos or so fairly common to find) hmm if i can find some wire thats soft enough i could prolly hammer out some design and all from there --hint the JOKE with me in high school was which art classes i HADNT been in so i think i understand the basics of some few things --ohh! ohh! i need to get our blowtorches over here! i could make real glass orniments (we have stuff for glass beadmaking which i rarely get to use) what does everyone concider "basic" matereals? (oh plus i have ALLL my 2d supplies and i think i could dig out some paper machet paste/powder/stuffs some add water and let dry sort of thing) thinnk ill start basics try to go from there? know theres an oragami star that i could make for the top i think it uses 4 like "strips" of paper and i did have the pattern to make it memorised at one time
    ...See More

UPDATE: secret santa thank you's ( thread 7)

Q

Comments (138)
    I have several cards unaccounted for as well. It's ashame that they weren't posted that they at least received. I guess they just got busy with the holidays. :-( ishareflowers - Thank you SO much, Lisa! Yes, it is better later than never! I was SO surprised to see a card so late, but so ecstatic at the same time. I'm so glad I got one more. :-) It was super special, too, packed with 11 awesome selections. Thanks for the Barese Chard, Black Seeded Simpson Lettuce, Bouquet Dill, California Wonder Bell Pepper, Slow Bolt Cilantro, Lemon Basil, Edible Chinese Luffa, Parsnip, Calico Red Popcorn, Edible Bottle Gourd, and Lovage. Several of these are big wants of mine and some very unusual varieties to come across in trade. I'm so excited! I also wanted anyone who's still reading the thread to know that I started working outside the home again. It's been a crazy adjustment, so my time is much more limited now. I haven't been keeping up with Facebook and email the way I used to. I'm very happy how it's going, though. I bet I won't have much time for trading now, though. :-( Any last connections from those of you on Facebook, though, I would be more than happy to add you! I'm not on it 10 times a day any more, but I'm still trying to keep up with my friends/family. Blessings, Angela
    ...See More
  • earthlydelights
    18 years ago

well, i just spent about half an hour or more being transferred from person to person at the post office with no luck. i am going to go in personally around lunch time as i think i might have better luck -- at least the postal clerks will recognize me, i'm in there once a week.

wondering if momcat ever received another package ????

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

I mailed out my final package a couple of days ago so it should be arriving soon to an Elf in Michigan.

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I received a nice card with christmas earrings from snookey elf. Thankyou whoever you are. my first pair ever of christmas earrings. thankyou I love them Happy Birthday Mystic, sorry I am late hugs carol

• skohler
    18 years ago

CHRISTMAS was here for me today when I got home :))
    Jennell Sent me the best of all best I sure HOPE
    You CAn FEEL this " HUG" & More HUG's :))

She sent me HOUSE BEAUTIFUL 208 pages of GARDEN DESIGNS
    I LOVE it Can hardly Keep my Hands off it so I can type
    this THANK YOU ,But she didn't just send the book
    she also sent me A Macromae Plant Hander Not sure of thespelling but sure you all know what i mean :))
    Still eye on the book ,
    Girls & guys if any you all know that I'm into daylilies
    & other perennials well HEHEHEHE I GOT SEED"S OH DID I GET SEEDS :)))
    will name the daylilies last to keep a few of my other daylily lovers in suspence :)))

I got
    columbine Biedermeier
    ASCLEPLAS INCARNATA ICE BALLET :))) I DIDN"T HAVE
    ROSE OF SHARON "PINK"
    GALLARDIA Goblin I DIDN"T HAVE
    CALENDULA BON BON MIX :))) I DIDN"T HAVE
    LIGULARIA DENTATA " DESDEMONA " I DIDN"T HAVE
    LIATRIS WHITE :)))) I DIDNT HAVE
    ECHINALLA " MANGO " **** MY MOST WANTED OF ALL
    & NOW drum ROLL !!!! :)) MY DAYLILY SEEDS

Happy Returns
    INNOCENT BYSTANDER
    BRIGHT SUNSET
    BITSY

I HAve the Happy returns but who can't use more :)))
    MIne were all young this year & I didn't get seeds .
    this is great .
    jennel May santa bless you & yours with much happyness .

vee this robin was a very heart warming, reading
    about the kindness that everyone has shared with each other & I hope if ever you put on another I will be able to par take in it agin . thank you all

Best wishes for the holidays off to my dream BOOK :)))
    susie

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

Sue~ I'm glad you liked your package. I had fun being your Elf!

Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Chipper Smigleifigus

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Toni

• mellen
    18 years ago

Karen, your package arrived. I was just amazed at all of the gifts that you stuffed into that one package. And such cool gifts, too. I thought all of the cookie cutters were GREAT! In fact I used them today. We are having my family here on Christmas Day so I spent a lot of today baking cookies including sugar cut-outs. Your timing and idea were perfect! I think the angel wall hanging is very cute and have hung it up already. The darling snowman windsock will be hung outside on Christmas Day, and the cute angel bell is hanging from a curtain rod in the front room. I wore the Christmas tree earrings today and will wear the Santa ones tomorrow. I am looking forward to using the bath beads while I am on vacation this next week. The pretty soaps will look perfect in our bathroom. Last week-end when we visited DH's family in MO, we were given some pictures of his great-nieces. The size of the picts. are the perfect size for the magnetic picture frame that you sent. The flower stickers are beautiful, too. I have never tried a soil tester kit. I can't wait to see how it works. Thanks for that, too. And lastly, what an awesome book that you sent. I read the first chapter right away. I just LOVE it. Those of you reading this, if you have the chance to read the book called Garden Dreams, I would recommend it. It is a compilation of nine short stories written by various gardeners about their gardens and experiences. It is written in a storytelling format. I am really enjoying it. The story really paints a vivid picture in your mind and you can be left with a warm feeling in your heart and soul with some smiles, too. It is illustrated and edited by Ferris Cook. Well, Karen, I cannot thank you enough for this package of gifts and all of the rest that you have sent. You have truly been thE MOST thoughtful and generous elf that a gal could ever wish for. I am very, very appreciative. Thank you so, so much!!! Mary Ellen/Mellen

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

A quick note to my SPECIAL Secret pal...Marie
    I received package #4 and I thank you so much for your thoughtfulness throughout the holdiay season!!! I have enjoyed all of your special Gifts. Thanks for spoiling Clyde as he much enjoyed his goodies!! Again thanks for all the time and efforts you put into making this exchange a special one. I loved the idea that you included home made goodies!!! Looking forward to seeing you on the Garden web circle exchange. Best wish to all for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I am off to get a MRI today and hopefully that will help the doctor determine what is going on with my neck/shoulder!!

• skohler
    18 years ago

lunamoon
    I trully did enjoy all the packages But best of all
    You have given me the best dream book :))
    I can't seem to put it down for very long .
    It has shown me the right way for planning my gardens
    not only right way but the easiest :)))
    thank you now I maybe broke by summer :)))
    with all the material I need for some of the landscape :))

thank you very very much for sharing

susie

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wow, this has been the bestest christmas. # 4 or #2 replacement, either way I have gotten four stuffed to the brim pkgs. This was supposed to be a makeup for #2 mailed for her daughter by doris, which was lost. Deb your mother did wonderful as did you. season for forgiveness forgive her and me for that matter. today I recrived a 5 piece collectors ornament set, garden calendar, rose care on a cd, my favorite plant book, doggie, kitty notes in a box with pencil, a book skipping christmas by john grisham. Thankyou elves, carol has been spoiled. happy happy carol
    just hope Mysytic and luna have gotten 4. mystic I have a backup for you as your elf is not answering my e-mails, so it may be after christmas but you will receive. thankyou all and merry christmas dingy monkey bunns. who is snooky elf?

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Snooky Elf here! I am glad you liked the earrings. I thought is was a great gift idea and didn't think you had gotten any so I sent you a pair!

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Mary Ellen, I am so glad that you liked your package. I have had a lot of fun finding things to go in the envelope. I am especially glad that you liked the book. I am an avid reader myself and books like that one help me through the winter. Also, it gave me the names of garden writers to look for for future reading. I hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas Season.

Susie, a special thank you for coming up with this idea. It has been a lot of fun. I would be an elf anytime.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Thanks Karen

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Whoops, I am mixing up my robins
    Thank you Carol for the idea!!!!!

Karen

• skohler
    18 years ago

thanks rainbow for the special thanks but all the
    credit for this robin gose to veeja11 :)))
    she was the brainer on this great robin .
    looking forward to playing agin one day :))

susie

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

Thank you for remembering my birthday ladies you are so sweet. I spent it sick...WAHHH.. Well I did not have anything from my pal I hope she is not sick too. My kids are sick but can I drag them out of the back yard NO!!!

They insist on spending as much time on their new bikes. We had never gotten the two youngest one before and they are 4 and 7. BOY they are happy they cant stop riding and then taking a break to play with their play-dough. Gee I could of not gotten them anything else and they would of been happy to had just the play-dough and bikes lol.

Well maybe Monday will bring package number 2,3,and or 4 lol. Who knows it could be just backed up.

Hope everyone had a truly lovely Christmas.
    Hugz
    Toni

• momcat
    18 years ago

Veeja, I am so glad that you got the replacement box before Christmas. I'm still waiting for #2, #3, and #4 here, I'm sure that they will turn up this week. I'll be watching for the mailman!!
    Deb

• djm906
    18 years ago

I am so glad it arrived also. I had to wait 49 minutes in line to mail it and I was sure this package would not get there in time! I am still hoping the missing one turns up which would be an extra bonus and if It does, please let me know! Thanks, Doris

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

No mail from my Elf today either. I hope it is not lost at the north pole lol... Momcat/Deb I sure hope you got your missing packages today keeping my fingers crossed.
    Toni

• momcat
    18 years ago

Thanks, Toni, I sure hope your goodies show up!! I heard from my elf today, and it seems there was a mix up and she accidently printed out the wrong labels and sent my packages to someone else not even in this swap!! Elfs get a little overworked this time of year!! She has promised to send a super duper box to make up for the missing packages!!
    Deb

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I am sorry if I jumped to any conclusions in this swap. Deb has proven herself to be an excellent trader. Earthly was hitting the sauce on this one. she is an excellent trader also but sometimes gets a little soused this time of year.Thankyou Karen for the thankyou note and adorable pin. Mystics pal is Mia. not answering my e-mails. bad elf. I am taking away your elf name and letting doggie go for you.To all my good little elves thankyou, you made this a fun swap and Thankyou Beth for the idea.

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Has anyone heard from sweety13? Packages #2 and #3 should have arrived before Christmas. I will wait to send package #4. Hope all is well with Steph.

Carol, thank you again for such wonderful packages. I loved them all. I wore my Christmas socks on Christmas :-) and my Santa pin.
    You are a very thoughtful and generous person. Thank you for hosting a wonderful rr.

Tina

• amybabyboy3
    18 years ago

I received my fourth package from my elf today. It had been opened and enclosed in a plastic bag by the post office. Inside were the contents a wonderful smelling bar of sweet pea soap, a beautiful snowflake ornament, blue bell holiday earrings which are so cute, a cute bookmark and wonderful scented tea lights. Thank you so much for ALL my gifts little elf. I need to find out who you are!!! AMY
    THIS HAS BEEN SO MUCH FUN

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

OH WOW Steph sent a whole box full of goodies mailed on the 23rd. I sure hope this is number 2, 3 and 4 all in one cause it was FULL. She sent a beautiful ornament with mysticmoon on it so very awesome I love it and two gold spun bell ornaments a box of candy good thing I already blew my diet today lol also two so very cute shelf fairies my daughter is trying to claim them lol NO WAY kiddo they are MINE.. also a box of tea light candles...
    Thank you so much for the wonderful gifts.

Now Momcat let us know when you get yours please so we can drool on your gifts too....

Carol stand down the doggie Steph did very well and gets to keep her Elf name....

Thank you for a nice swap
    Toni

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

LunaMoon.....have you gotten your 4th package ?
    I sent it out the 17th and have not heard if you received.

Bonnie

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok dog officially called in I was worried because your pal was not posting when she received and did not answere my e-mails which always worries me.
    Pals were
    Skohler had Debby A
    dim 906 had gardenwatch
    sweety13 had mystic moon
    Mellen....... Wynative
    Wynative.....plantladyjan
    flowersand birds4evr......
    dawiff.......Amybabyboy
    Beth.....JanetG
    Rainbow lake.....Mellen
    Janet G.....Dawiff
    Hummingbird daisy.....Sweety13
    amybabyboy.....Rainbow lake
    Plant lady Jan.....Beth B
    Luna Moon.....Skohler
    veeja.....Hummingbird daisy
    gardenwatch.....Luna Moon
    Momcat.....Veeja
    Earthly.....Momcat
    DebbyA.....earthly
    Mysticmoon.....Dim906
    I hope everyone had fun i am thinking of doing an easter bunny one per someones suggestion. Thankyou for the hostess gifts and cards. I loved themPlease post if all 4 did not arrive

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

Oh I totally forgot that my pal had also sent in the box two golden birds in nest they are so cute I have them sitting under the fairies i can see both sets of them at once that way. I love them totally earthy and awesome choices.

Thank you Sweetie13 / Steph you are a sweetie for sending them all in one box.

Toni

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Oh Veeja, don't forget the Leprechauns!!!!! and, please don't send the dog after my big mouth. He/She would get lost in a snowdrift and not be found until Easter. Maybe then the bunny could bring him home.
    Meanwhile, I'm thinking about doing a "Secret Squirrel" for Jan and Feb. I get a little nuts then for lack of opportunities to garden. Ha-haa_ha HA HA ( It's the woody wood pecker song)

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I forgot all about the little green fellows I like the idea of a rodent swap, I will sign up. sounds like fun. can we each pick what rodent we would like to be?okay almost all my elves have come thru on all 4 pkgs. sweety13 is still waiting for 3 and 4 tho. tina she hasn't posted because she hasn't gotten #3, so please send #4 same to anyone else oweing pkgs don't forget to join in my march little green man swap.Carol

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

gardenwatch~ I have received 3 packages so far. Hopefully, it's not lost.

veeja~ Thank you for another fun swap!

Jenell

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

beth, count me in if you chose to run that swap.

my stuff went out. albeit late, and NO I WAS NOT SLOSHED, thank you very much carol! lol

i was just a real secret to someone, someone else named deb and certainly not signed up for this swap. she's loving me though.

i did write to deb and told her i got my stuff out, a nice stuffed box to make up for my blunder. i spent the last few days applying for new everything since those two thieves stole my wallet and cash. Target's security camera located them, but no name, no address and the police aren't going to go out of their way - it's petty compared to the "real crime" out there. i cried like a big baby - i felt so violated, but as the day wore on, i was so thankful i wasn't accosted by a knife, a gun or carjacked or any of that harmful stuff. what with all the whackjobs out there that will kill someone for $20.00, i have to be truly thankful.

deb, i sent it by priority, with confirmation -- saturday would be great, but i'm thinking it might not be until monday (the 10th day of christmas . like i said in my note, i certainly apologize for the "mixing of the deb's" (sounds like the name of a swap, doesn't it?), and i hope you enjoy my make up stuff.

okay, babbled long enough, be well all, stay warm and dry!

earthly

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

Jenell,
    If you do not receive your last package by next week...let me know and I will send another replacement. I sent a package on the same day to another swap buddy and she hasnt gotten that one either. Hopefully they will show up soon, but at any rate let me know by next week.
    Happy New Year.
    Bonnie.

• momcat
    18 years ago

Earthly, IT ARRIVED!!!! IT ARRIVED!!! Wow!! you really went out of your way on this!! What a wonderful assortment of goodies!! Thank you so much!! I had just gotten back from a local nursery that had a sign up that their 2006 seeds had arrived, so of course, I had to check it out!! And now, I've got new peat pellets and pots to start them in!! I've got the candy hidden away from the kids, maybe I'll let them use the molds to make their own candy!! The little garden book is really neat, and I know will be put to good use, potholders are always welcome, and the little Santa toothpick holder is cute!! The Greenleaves are sitting out in the bowl with the Christmas trees on it (those are safe, the kids won't eat them!!) The padded envelopes and seed envelopes will really come in handy, too. You put so much stuff in there!! I just keep going through it!!
    Thank you so much!!

Happy New Year to everyone!!

Deb

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

#4 will go out Monday. Would have been nice to have sweety post to let me know what was going on....or an e-mail...or something!

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

I had already typed out a longggggggggg post, but it shut down on me. So, I am going to take it that it wasn't meant to be posted. This is going to be short and to the point.
    I am not one bit upset with Steph.It seems that she got a bad wrap in this swap as well. I feel I was singled out. It seems ok that everyone else can make "mistakes", hold back envies until their secret pal acknowledges their packages, etc, etc, etc.....except me. I seen Beths really nice post about old and new friends. I thougth about posting....
    There were ALOT of great gals, and one gentleman here who really helped me though my moms illness and then her death. I don't know what I have would have done with out them. Then there were the rude, and disresepctful people who DEMENDED my full attention and to be on the TOP OF MY PRIORITY List.I got behind, realllyyyyy behind. But I NEVER forgot anyone to my knowlegde. It took me months to get caught up, but I did. Over half of the gals I sent makeup boxes to never even acknowledged them. See, it's ok for others to behave this way. But when I waited to send #4, I was singled out. I wasn't even notified that #2 had arrived, and #3 was MIA!
    There has been accusations, assumptions, name calling, etc.
    This behavior is a bit childish IMHO>
    We are all grown women. This is suupose to be enjoyable.
    There is my two cents in a nitshell.
    YOu all have a Happy New Year.
    Thank you Steph for your wonderful e-mail tonight. I appreciate it so very much. Wishing you a safe and Happy NEw YEar my gardening friend,
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

inserting foot in mouth! Being too tender hearted can be a hazzard ;-)
    Big hug's to Carol.
    Truly wishing all of you a Very Happy New Year
    Tina

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

hmmmmm, i must have missed something somewhere along the way.

tina - sorry you are having troubles, not quite understanding them, but nonetheless, i'll send good thoughts your way. and i think you are due this month in sues's swap -- so thing happy thoughts :)

deb, i'm so glad the package arrived. hope you enjoy everything and also hope to see you again in future swaps.

blessings of the new year to you all.

earthly

• amybabyboy3
    18 years ago

Alison, Thank you for all my gifts. I loved them all and you are a awesome elf!!!
    Carol, Thank you for all your hard work organizing the swap. It was alot of fun!! Amy

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Thank you (((earthly))) :-) All is good. I am looking forward to Sue's RR. >>
    Carol, thank you for hosting and organizing a wonderful rr.
    Happy New Year gardening friends.
    Big Hug's to you all (((((())))))))

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

This is the time for us all to hug our friend Tina, who is dealing with the loss of her mother. it is a time to give her love and hugs and patience. Tina stay away from trouble makers you can get bit hugs carol

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

Tina Tina Tina I am so horribly sorry that your Mom passed away. You must be breaking inside. I am going to blow hard all of the good luck in your corner that I might make mine dissapear. You sweet sweet lady not sure what was happening here but Steph was the elf sending to me and she came thru with all of her four packages. Well the first one was a envie then that last three were in one huge box with each and every piece wrapped up for me to open with glee. If she knew how much that box meant to me she would happier that she did it that way. I had nothing from hubby under my tree if it were not for my sil sneaking a small package in with the kids ones then there would of been totally nothing under the tree for me. It usually is like that but he always takes me shopping to pick out my gift before of after, which he did not this year. So next year is his turn I wont play santa to him anymore and it will be just for our 5 kids. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut and keep this about you sorry I have turned this into me but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated Steph/sweety13 for her kindness.

I hope you have a much better year Tina I will say a ton of prayers for your whole family hun and I hope you have a much better new year and dont ever forget how much your Mom truly loved you. I know she did or you would not of turned out so wonderful had she not of loved you with her whole heart, soul and being.

Happy Gardening and please chin up and watch all the hummingbirds land in your garden. Snap some pics for us all too. God Bless you dear one.
    Hugz Toni

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Hi Tina
    We have traded in the past and I feel I have given you much support and understanding with the passing of your mom. The first Holiday Season without a loved one is always hard. I hope you are feeling better and looking forward to a Happy New Year!Sorry if there were any misunderstandings!! Take care

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Dear Tina,
    I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my mother when I was a child and although it was a hard loss I think it is harder to lose them the more years you have with your parents. You will be in my prayers. Cherish all good memories and keep them close.

Karen

• sweety13
    18 years ago

Dear Toni,
    I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your package, and I am glad you liked your ornament I made you. I was keeping my fingers crossed it would get to you in one piece! I am so happy you had fun with your package, you deserve it. I can not imagine 5 kids, WOW!!!! I love my 2 more than anything, but WOW is all I can say! :) Have a Great New Year Everyone and Tina, Keep your eyes out for the Strawberry Rhubarb Jam I am making in the Spring with your Rhubarb, and some Maine Strawberries, it will head your way after this cold winter :)
    Steph

• mellen
    18 years ago

Tina, You know how I feel about you--that you are one of my very best friends in the whole wide world. Gals, I know Tina personally. We do things together. I know and love her kids. She is one of the kindest, most caring people I know. I also have high respect for her. If you have had problems with her in the past, nothing was EVER intentional on her part. She is NOT that kind of lady. She HAS had numereous computer problems in the past. She has had an EXTREMELY difficult time with the loss of her mother. I can guarantee you that if you have a concern with her, that if you e-mail her, and KINDLY "talk" to her about your concern, she will do her best to make things right with you as long as you aren't trying to bully her. Love you, Tina. Mellen

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Sitting here in tears, tears of happiness. I truly love you all. I am sending out HUGE but gentle hug's to you all. Thank you for caring for me and always finding a way to brighten my days. I truly don't have a mean bone in my body, and would never intentionally hurt someone. I'm a lover, not a fighter, smiles.
    Please do not feel sorry for me, as I was fortunate to have the best parents in the world, and now they are home, together, with the Lord. There will be no more suffering or sadness for them. Missing them just reminds me of how great they loved me, how great I love them. My mom has been gone 6 months now, but some days, it seems like I just spent time with her, or talked to her on the phone, or had just [picked greenbeans out of the garden with her. Then there are the days that it seems like I haven't seen here in sooo long. Those are the days I miss her the most.
    Jan, you had a shoulder for me during my moms illness, and then thru her death. I will be forever grateful my dear friend.
    MaryEllen (Mellen), you have been my rock my dearest friend. I love you so much more that I could ever show or express. I plan to spend many, many years cherishing our friendship.
    Carol, my new friend. The gal who will always set things right, and will always extend her arms for a loving hug. The one who can always make you giggle unexpectedly. I have studied how she works, and she is my RR role model :-)
    You are a very fair and caring person. Thank you for your wonderful friendship.
    Toni, maybe with our luck colliding, something GOOD is bound to happen, smiles. Your sense of humor is awesome. Even in your dispair, you manage to light up a room.
    Earthly is always one of the first to offer comfort. And you have, to me, many times. Thank you also for your friendship.
    Steph, you have shown me patience and understanding many times girl. I can't thank you enough. I can't wait! for some of your Strawberry Rhubarb Jam :-).
    If I have left anyone out, please forgive me. And please don't take it personally. You all have touched my life in one way or another. Whether it be with comforting words, cards, plants or seeds. Your thoughts and prayers really do make a difference.
    I sincerely love you all
    Tina

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

Aw gosh dang it girls you have me in tears.
    Steph you are truly a sweetie luv ya kiddo
    Now Tina I got a huge set of shoulders and knowing that you could use them just say the word and they can be dusted off at any given time girl. I would much rather listen then deal with any problems of my own lol !!!! Hey take my mind off of things. With 5 kids there is always some kind of drama going on.

Well ladies I sure hope this RR got totally wrapped up and that everyone saw their special Elf gifts.
    Till next year ladies I hope you are all on the same RR for this one.
    Oh and for future RR's I would very much like to be in on any you all are in. Such a wonder happy bunch of nuts we are.
    Have a super duper great new year and may it bring us lots of joy, colorful gardens and so much happinness that it rings in our ears.
    Luv ya all
    Toni

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

Jenell( LunaMoon),
    I never heard if you got your 4th elf package I mailed on December 17th, so I sent you another one today. It is a mix of xmas and other things so consider it a New year gift....
    Best to you.......DC# 0305 2710 0002 0672 4980
    Bonnie

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

Many thanks to my Elf, Bonnie! Your package arrived today. I really appreciate that you sent a replacement package. You have been a wonderful Elf! Thanks again!

Jenell