SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

If you watch the Today Show 'Ambush Makeovers'......

alisande
12 years ago

Although I got out of the morning TV habit some time ago and rarely see the Today Show anymore, I enjoy catching up with their Friday Ambush Makeover segments online. I think the makeovers have gotten better over the years, although it seems pretty clear many of the women they select purposely arrive in the audience looking wretched. :-)

The made-over women are often put in outfits from White House Black Market or dresses by Adrianna Papell. I like both of these designers, and when I recently watched about a dozen makeovers back to back I became somewhat obsessed with the beautiful form-fitting, knee-length Adrianna Papell dresses. The women look stunning in them. (I suspect they don Spanx first.)

Lo and behold, I found a bunch of these dresses on eBay (of course). However, both my form and legs are no longer display-worthy, so I wasn't tempted to bid on any of them. What I did bid on was another kind of dress by Adrianna Papell: looser fitting, flowing silk, sleeveless with a jacket. Looks like mid-calf length. And I won it!

I think this is rather amusing because I rarely think about fashion or designers, and am much more likely to get obsessed about a camera lens or equipment for rug hooking. But now I will have an Adrianna Papell dress. I hope it fits. If it does, $10.23 is not a bad price for a 100% silk dress designed by anybody. :-)

Even if you don't watch the Ambush Makeovers, have you snagged anything exciting on eBay lately?

Comments (3)