SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leafwatcher

I was walking the line today, watching for changes...

leafwatcher
12 years ago

I find myself doing it.. walking the grass along the gardens until I have almost beaten a path !!

A few have grown, my few fragrant types seem to be showing a more adult leaf than before.

Two smaller Sagae just aren't going to make adult leaves this year I am afraid, and one actually has some of that burned out look like a Frances Williams is infamous for. that surprises me as its in an area that never gets hardly any direct sun, maybe I didn't get it covered as well as I thought on the frosty nights.

As I get to the corner I stir the compost with a hoe I leave handy, and its breaking the leaves down well with all the attention, I have started to add the small amount of shredded paper in to it, and it seems to mix in well.

My Rhubarb has the largest leaves I have ever seen, some of them must be 26 inchs across and 26-28 long, just HUGE ! bigger than any elephant ear I have ever grown ..

The asparagus is still coming up, with the newer hybrid asparagus winding down, and the old plant I dug from my Moms ditch sending up some giant thick shoots, they look like nearly the size of a skinny banana .. (peeled) ;)

further down the side of the yard the younger plants tease me with there juvenile leaves and promises to try harder next year..

All five of my great Expectations are up and slowly unfurling.. I didn't have much of an eye jump in quantity,(4-5 eyes each plant) but the eyes were the size of my pinky last year, and bigger than my thumb this year, so I am hoping to get some nice sized leaves ...

Thats whats been on my mind tonight anyhow, I hope some of you are walking the line everyday, and re-walking it in the evening ... in your mind the way I do.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH