SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

Last night was the ornament party- 1 photo...

FlamingO in AR
14 years ago

And it was tremendous fun, as usual. Good friends, nice ladies, great food, lots of laughs and really cute, original ornaments!

Front row- handpainted snowman mitten from cardboard boot box, which led to a discussion about foot size! lol

Glass ornament with fabric owl glued on- Gayla used some of my fabric scraps, this owl matches my Hooters! quilt that I made this fall.

Red felt ornament with an opening for a photo, cute!

Burl Acorn with painted face, probably the most unique item this year, totally cute and original, we all loved this one. Look at those tiny lips!

Antique cookie cutter in its own scrappy quilt heart pouch, cute!

Acorn top on a metal snowflake with ribbon hanger- the cap was filled with paint, glue and glitter, on both sides, totally sweet and precious!

Middle row- Altoid type tin with 6 magnets, we loved these, who doesn't need more fun magnets? (I traded an extra boat for another tin of these for the Mumster, who adores magnets. And flashlights. lolol)

Red woven heart, a Dutch tradition. Filled with kisses.

A string of beads, very pretty.

A wine cork wrapped with colored wire and beads, if you had two they would make great, funky earrings. :)

A slice of pine, cute Santa hat on the top of the J in Joy.

A knitted red sweater on a coated white hanger. Poor Jane ran out of hangers and had to collect addresses from some so she can mail them a hanger for their little sweater. She gave me an extra to give to the Mumster for her birthday next week, she'll be 89!

A beaded initial, I got an M for my last name, we all loved these, even the girl who got married and had to take her old initial, until someone else swapped with her so now one of them has an initial to go with her first name. See what nice ladies they are?

Top row- a terra cotta cross (it's really wood) with turquoise beads to represent Merlaine's trip out west this year.

A glittered ball ornament from the lady who usually does Fimo or Sculpey ornaments. Turned out- working with that clay all the time made her hair start to fall out. So be careful with that stuff, it's toxic if you use it a lot! And bake it outside if you can so you don't breath it in. She also made glittered crosses, but I took a ball instead.

The next guy is a bit hard to see, but he was a real hit. He has a pinecone body, felt mittens and shoes on pipe cleaner arms and legs. A round ball head with a sweet, simple face and a felt hat. SO STINKIN' CUTE! His little arms are reached off to one side a bit and that right there gave him so much personality, it makes him a bit coy and precious, we all loved him!

Next to him- a snowman painted on a leftover toy maraca thing, they were going to be thrown away after a party and Ellen took them and made them into the cutest snowmen! Fuzzy chenille stems wrapped around the handle and a crocheted scarf at the bottom. Textured paint for his head and a Sculpey nose, SO fun!

Donelle's DH built himself a man-cabin and there were lots of scraps. She made all of us our own birdhouse ornaments out of them, what a girl!

And my little ship- they liked them a lot, even the piratey ones, I gave out a couple of them. And I made those Rolo pretzel treats and stuck little sails on toothpicks into the pecans on top to tie them into the ornament, they liked them, too. I had to drill holes in pecans and I still made my treats in less than an hour, which is a record for me. I usually obsess over stuff like that and spend the whole day making a treat, but yesterday was crazy. We had to take a cat to the vet and leave him to be hospitalized, he's pretty sick right now. So I didn't have time to make anything fancy this year, even if I had wanted to.

So there you have it- this year's ornaments. All 19 of them, I guess we had some no-shows.

Comments (13)