SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

Ornaments from the 2010 party- 3 photos

FlamingO in AR
13 years ago

Using frosting, I made little acorns by attaching hershey kisses to the bottom of a mini nilla wafer. More frosting for the stem. Took forever to set up, even in a warm, dry house. IF I ever make these again (and they look better than they taste) I would use melted chocolate as my glue.

One of the crazier people in our swap group crocheted these big hot pads for everyone, they were the hit of the party! I think she made 24 of them. It's a local party, we all bring food and 24 ornies and swap, it's the highlight of my holiday season. We always have so much fun.

All the ornies were cute this year- the monogramed feather balls,, the stitched piece under it (she did about 5 or 6 different scenes) the aluminum wire star or peace sign with dangling crystals, the laser cut cross with glitter and ribbon, my little reindeer bag, an embossed cardinal, a laser cute 3D snowflake, a shiny star with a bead wrap, tiny red mittens that go with a piece from last year, a gingerbread man, a tin that says "to all my flaky friends" that is filled with snow flakes,a tiny, glittery aqua blue frosted cupcake with a red cherry on top that is to DIE for, (I need a better photo of it, this does not do it justice, she had them all in a glass cake carrier, it was precious!) a puffed star made from a strip of paper, a string of bells made from communion cups, a button wreath, a laser cut photo frame snowflake, a soldered cross of flat blue marbles, a catholic medallion dangle and a prize my group won for decorating a lady to look like a reindeer. :) That was a hoot, we stuffed ballons into panty hose for her antlers and then she stuffed extra ballons under her shirt and into the back of her pants so she had this enormously exaggerated bust and butt- stuck a red bow on her nose and we were WINNERS!

It was great fun- good food, lovely women, and 2 little dogs who got into my ornaments and had them strewn around, trying to get to the chocolate inside! We started calling my reindeer ornies "dog spit ornaments". lol I didn't get home until 11:30 which is really late for me! And in keeping with the deer theme, I saw about 20 deer driving home. They were freaking me out, running across the road, acting like they wanted to jump back out in front of me. I don't think I went more than 40 mph all the way home.

Comments (15)