SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chubby_rat

Don't want to highjack ilmbg's post so,have you ever adopted ...

chubby_rat
14 years ago

or bought a dog that you felt was misrepresented? I have...2 of them.My Tassie,I bought,under the impression that she was a healthy pup.Turns out she had weak joints and missing bones in her legs. No,I didn't notice it at first.But did as soon as I got her home.I kept her,we went through surgery on her legs but she was never totally right.But we bonded,oh how we bonded.I loved her more than any normal healthy dog I ever saw and she loved me.Would have fought to the death for me,all 5 lbs and 2 crippled legs of her!She was my "heart dog".

Then there's Rover,we adopted him and were told he was very friendly,loved everyone.Which he does 98% of the time.The other 2% he is very aggressive,I found out the hard way with a bite THROUGH the nose.He's territorial,such as "this is MY couch" I've spent a lot of time working on this and can say he now knows it's "My house,my rules".But still would never give him my complete trust.The night I got bit,I told Larry to get him out before I killed him.But then calmed down and decided,I adopted him,I would work to make him "right".He now knows it's not his house and he isn't the boss of me.LOL!

Any adoption "horror stories" ?

Comments (21)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio