SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

aftermath of an ice storm, and I am back!

OklaMoni
16 years ago

Rita gave an excellent description of an Oklahoma ice storm. But, for the aftermath:

Long lines at the grocery store!

Nothing cold, as in produce, milk, dairy, frozen foods, all those shelves were empty this morning (Wednesday the 12th), which was the first time we ventured out for some more supplies.

Long lines on the streets, at the major intersections where the stop lights don't work, and where there are now 4 way stop signs.

No kerosene or chain saws, and no chain saw oil (but I got two 5 gallon containers of kerosene and a nice big new chainsaw that doesn't need any electric)!

But the bottom line for me is:

I am back! My power came back at 8:27 PM , which is sort of interesting as it went out about 8:30 PM on Monday.

But, right here, it cut back out! For over two hours. I can't believe it, but firefox still had all I typed when I "restored my session". Yipeee!

So I tried and tried and tried to start my kerosene heater, but it just wouldn't go. Wonder what I will do with those two 5 gallon containers of kerosene... :)

The power did come back on just before I went to bed. I guess, I need to fill my CLEAN (yes, Leslie I washed out my fridge) fridge, run a vacuum, and clean out the ashes from my fireplace.

Then I think I will back some cookies for the peeps working on the power lines. I know where they get their food and lunch packets. Who knows, I might even get as far as taking some to the shelter where I went to shower.

More later.

Moni

Comments (24)