SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msmarion_gw

I had an interesting day today?! (Long)

msmarion
15 years ago

It started out as just another Friday, when I received a phone call from Mounts Botanical Gardens in West Palm Beach. I WON a family membership after entering on their web site. I've been a member in the past but wasn't able to renew due to lack of funds. I love this garden and they have wonderful events and plant sales. It sure made my day!

Business has picked up at our shop now that the weather has cooled off and people are riding their motorcycles again. We had five bikes to get ready to roll by the end of the day. Things were going along just fine. DH decides it's time to have lunch, so off I go to run a couple of errands and pick up lunch. I stopped by the House of Hope thrift shop to look for a tart pan (I would like to try a pear tart recipe that I've had for eons). No pan but when I returned to my car there was a cassette tape on the ground next to my car...it wasn't there when I went in the shop. I picked it up to take it inside thinking someone had lost it out of their car. Well...I looked at the tape, it was from the Calvery Temple Assembly of God, in Lynnfield MA. OMG!! Lynnfield MA is my home town! How weird is that?!

I get another phone call that they would like to show our house between 6 and 7. I wanted to say no but thought what the heck. I have to clean the stove top after making 50 meatballs last night and a friend is coming Sunday to make red pepper jelly on Sunday.

People in and out of the shop all afternoon picking up bikes and making appointments for next week etc. Then I get another phone call from one of our vendors. He was able to talk his sales manager into letting us remain their customer!! Due to DH's health and the economy last year we didn't spend the needed $10,000. After my order yesterday we were $700 short. He went to bat for us and it worked!!! YEA!! for the good guys. LOL For heaven's sake we are trying to stay in business so that we can spend more with your company.

Sorry this is so long but I just had to share. LOL

P.S. The realtor never showed up with their client for the showing. Oh well, my stove is clean. LOL

Comments (4)