SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Yoo-hoo! Caroline! And MN and ND folks.

joyfulguy
12 years ago

This is a just maybe ... just maybe message.

Wondering about your potential plans in mid-week ... and probaly 10 days - 2 weeks later.

Niece wrote me a while ago to invite me to secret 80th birthday party for her Mom this next Sat. Dec. 3 in Edmonton, AB.

Checked train - must leave Tues ... or Thurs. ... or Sat: if leave Thurs, arrive Sun., not too helpful for Sat night.

On return, maybe want to leave Regina, near retired farmer brother's farm ... no can do, VIA Rail doesn't serve Regina ... must travel about 50 mi. to Melville, catch it there.

What ... capital city of a major province ... not served by passenger rail? ... you've got to be kidding!

Wanted to drive ... family not in favour: Dad, who 25 years ago drove 2,000 mi. or so Regina - London, Canadian route north of L. Superior in 3 days driving alone at 85 ... a couple of days later, drove out in front of a truck ... end of Dad. Over 30 years ago, brother hit another vehicle en route to work in Edmonton one morning at 6:00 a.m. - end of brother (party is for his widow).

If I drive via MI, WI, MN, ND ... and something happens to either ole joyful or his 24-year-old car - problem: almost impossible to catch speedy bus (or any bus?) to Regina and Edmonton, certainly by Sat. (or any other time?).

Were Ed to drive Canadian route, if trouble for him or vehicle ... can catch a bus. But driving that route in early Dec.? Maybe not such a hot (as in "snowy") idea!

Added problem: as of last Thurs. evening and since, some discomfort in back when move various ways ... so do I want to take off on a 2,400 mi. trip?

Can fly ... which allows me to leave Sat. morn. to arrive afternoon Sat. ... which I may do, as it gives me time to see how the back is going to develop.

Detrimental aspect: it's most inefficient when it comes to use of precious petroleum, plus adding to pollution and global warming. (Most inefficient ... apart from individual ride in car, that is).

If I use the cheapest airline, flying from Regina, I'd have to back-track west to Calgary ... in order to go east toward home near London.

However ... on the slim chance that I could drop in for a visit ... I've forgotten your address, directions and phone No.

Question: Who else that I know lives near you, or near the route Duluth - Fargo - Minot?

Dot Mom and ND gal are both near Minot, aren't they?

Cynic's quite a long way south, isn't he?

ole joyfuelled ... with a bit of help from gas, from time to time

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!