SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lazypup

I am who I am.........

lazypup
12 years ago

I happen to be quite content with my gender (male) and over the years I have come to accept that I am not the prettiest ornament on the tree, but this is what the Lord gave me to work with, so ain't no doctor gonna hack away on the guise of cosmetic surgery.

My hair is long and I have a full beard, which I intend to allow to get much longer.... Now I know that some ppl are turned off by men with a long beard, but I happen to like it, and in truth, the only person I really have to please is me, all others can either accept me for who and what I am or they can go about thier business and leave me alone.

Actually, the long hair and beard works very well for me. When I am outdoors shooting nature photos the beard not only keeps my face warm on cold days, it also adds to my camoflage so I don't scare the subjects away.

And when I am shooting pictures in the city, I usually wear a pair of jeans or sweat pants, a tee shirt or sweat shirt and a down vest or work coat and I carry my camera gear in a plain looking backpack. When most ppl see me on the street they think I am homeless and they avoid me,,which is really what I want in the first place, and in addition, when the muggers see me, they don't realize that I am carrying three or four thousand dollars worth of photo equipment so they leave me alone too.

And now for the big one, what animal would I like to be? Contrary to the beliefs of some ppl, I don't believe that I evolved from a monkey and I have no desire to reverse evolution. If ppl insist they evolved from a monkey never let it be said that I denied them the right to have monkeys in their family tree, in fact, judging from some of the ppl I see on the street, some of their ancestors are still amongst us, but I am quite content to be a homo-sapien, which I believe was a devine creation of God, and God don't make mistakes.

Comments (17)