SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Do you have a teenager who would want to study in Germany?

13 years ago

I'm trying to get Lauren interested in going one year, either next or the following year but so far she's not interested. So, I thought I'd let you all know about it. It's a scholarship program. They pay for the airfare from Washington D.C. to Germany and back, and the program itself. My Germany exchange student's mom paid $6000 for her to come here, she didn't have a scholarship. The student's family pays for the transportation to D.C. and back, passport and spending money while in Germany. I think it's a great program.

The teen has to be between 15 and 18 and have a GPA of between 3.0 and 4.0. The deadline to apply is coming up soon, December 19th. Oh, and they don't have to know German. They meet in Washington D.C., see the sights and then fly to Germany where they have 3 weeks of German language classes before they go to their host families. I guess so they will have some background to the language before they start school. Most foreign exchange students from other countries take English from an early age all through school so they have an advantage over our kids.

Here is a link that might be useful: German exchange program

Comments (5)