SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_phxaz

How would you handle if your loved one were transgender?

michelle_phxaz
12 years ago

ColleenOZ brought this up in the subject about if a loved one were gay, so let's take it a step further: if your loved one was transgender, how would you handle it? I think what Chaz Bono did and many before him less publically is so completely brave and admirable that I hope he is a hero to people who haven't been able to come out as a transgender person.

The steps you have to take, the psychological testing, the pain of the surgery, the ridicule that is inevitable, I find these people some of the strongest human beings I have ever encountered. I would be proud to be a part of someone's progress.

Do you agree with changing genders, or is it something you were born with and that is how it is meant to be? Birth defects happen all the time, I believe this is an, albeit major, birth defect. I don't think the right chromosones were in place at conception.

I hope no one disagrees on this, but I know many do, so please let your voice be heard here. My first posts may have been a little strong, but what I really am here for is to learn from a large and varied group what people's feeling really are. I promise I won't verbally attack, but please expect a good argument if you are up for it!

Signed, the new, softer Michelle

Comments (21)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals