SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamywhite

How do you handle your many imperfections in your build

dreamywhite
14 years ago

We are in month 6 of our DIY build and while I have enjoyed this once in a lifetime opportunity, I have mental notes of everything that was "screwed up" and not perfect and it bothers me. The latest imperfections is an oulet not being centered between the two master bathroom sinks. It is hugging the right sink mirror. While it was in the plan to be centered, for what ever reason the electrican got sloppy again. Our recessed lighting going down my kids hallways is not centered in the ceiling either due to a truss. This "minor" stuff really bothers me along with a million other "don't sweat the small stuff" mistakes. I ordered a beveled edge countertop for my kids bath and the left side came plain not beveled. Since we are in a time crunch and can not return it for the 2nd time (1st time came wrong color) I have to live with a plain edge and had to fight for half an hour with HD about why they keep messing up my custom orders.

How many of you out there had many little disappointments and how did you learn to live with them?

Comments (12)