SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwanny2three

Update on my nephew

gwanny2three
15 years ago

First of all I want to thank you all for the overwhelming prayers and special thoughts...this place is the greatest for good thoughts and caring!

He came through surgery but it's not good. They had to cut out a piece of his skull to get to the tumor. It was a tumor the size of a tennis ball they said. They couldn't replace it yet because of the swelling so they had to leave it exposed until they can go back in and cover it. Last night the doctor said if he made it through the surgery that he would most likely be paralized on his left side and quite possibly be blind. Well today he is awake and aware that everyone is there and where he is and why, so that's a good sign to me. He can see and he is trying to pull his tubes out. They are keeping him heavily sedated to keep him calm. He did tell his dad a few days ago when he was throwing up blood that if they find more cancer he doesn't want to fight it this time. When he had cancer in his leg he was in the hospital for 1 week out of every month for a year for treatments and sick the other three...he was in bad shape then. It was such a radical treatment and a lot for his body to take. My sister said they put him through some tests today and they think they saw a spot of his lung also, so now it's just a wait and see thing. At least he made it this far and is awake....much more than they thought last night. I know he's in bad shape and not out of the woods, but miracles do happen. Thanks for all of your continued prayers, I just know they are helping.

Comments (30)