SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Prayers and good thoughts needed for my new nephew

girlsingardens
16 years ago

My sil was induced this morning because her doctor is going out of vacations in a couple of days. They started at 8 and she needed an epidural by 10. The baby's heartbeat would lower each contraction. By afternoon she was still having problems, when she would have a contraction before she started pushing, each time the baby would rise back up in the birth canal and the heart rate would go down significantly. Finally at 5 they decided to do a episiotomy and then use suction to get the baby out. Well by that time it had a bowel movement in the uterus ( meconium staining) and the cord was wrapped around his neck. He also was pure white and wasn't crying or moving. The cord was so tight around his neck that they had to cut the cord off of his neck. They have him in the nursery with an IV since then and will continue through the night. He did latch on and breast feed for a little while. The doctor said afterward that he thought things were okay so he just continued and maybe should have suggested a c-section. He was due today and was 19 inches but only weighed 5 pounds 7 ounces.

His name is Aiden Roger Almquist so if you could spare a prayer for this little fighter. I am just heart broken and am so worried about what the results of the meconium and loss of oxygen might mean for him. He is their first baby. Add to that my SIL 's mom is a real nut and can't stop talking about all the problems and worries, when my sil is so sorrry and worried as it is and doesn't need any more people adding to her worries.

So say a little prayer or spare a thought for Aiden.

Stacie

Comments (35)