SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilliepad_gw

I need to rant!

lilliepad
15 years ago

I am so ticked! DH and I have been saying we need to get our flu shots. Yesterday there was a big front page write up in the local paper about the importance of getting them and that the local health clinic is giving them on Mon,Tues and Wed. So,last night we decided to go this afternoon. Now mind you,it takes a little preparation for me to get ready to go anywhere and about the only place I do go is to the grocery store or Wal-Mart or out to eat occasionally. We get ready,drive into town and when we get there DH realizes he forgot to put my walker in the back of the truck. Not a really big thing since the door to the Health Clinic is just a few steps away from where we parked and I can hang onto him for that short distance. So we get to the door and there's the sign,"Due to nurse's absence,no flu shots given today! We will be giving them again Nov.3rd.,4th. and 5th." Now,with the big write up in the paper,why didn't they make that announcement in the write up? Not a really big deal but still,I got all spiffied up for nothing! LOL So I say to DH,"Well,is there something else we can do or someone we can visit since we are out anyway? He says,"I guess we can go to the Truck Stop and see if they got in any more racing jackets. "OOOOK,whatever! I'm not crazy about the Truck Stop but they do have some interesting stuff occasionally and I like to browse,but guess what? I can't go in because I don't have my walker,so I sit in the truck while DH checks out the racing jackets,and probably the CB radios and Scanners,none of which he can afford to buy right now! LOL We leave there and drive down the road a short way to the local "Tractor Supply". Another place where I enjoy prowling around in on occasion and this is a new one here and I've not been there yet,but remember,no walker. He says,"You wanna go in?" I say,"Yeah,right! You carrying me?" LOL If there had been a wheel chair in there I would have made him push me all over that store,but with my luck he would have gotten distracted looking at something and left me sitting there! LOL So I sit in the truck another 20 minutes and out he comes with a catalog,(just like the 3 I threw in the trash a few days ago LOL).He has this page marked with a gas tank for the back of the truck. Why do we need another gas tank for the truck when we can't even afford to fill up the one that is on it and what's the purpose of an extra gas tank anyway? Just stop at a station when you run out of gas! LOL

On the way home he says,"What's wrong with you?" "Nothing dear,absolutely nothing!" LOL MEN!!

OK,I confess,I will never feel guilty again about staying in Wal-Mart for an hour (or 2) while DH waits in the truck!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH