SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decordummy_gw

second thoughts & doubts

decordummy_gw
9 years ago

It is too late to do anything now, but I think I need to rant.
My home office had a very large L-shaped computer desk with lots of storage & lots of surface space, but I am always alone in this room. Oldest son is moving back home soon. We have a small dining set that was stored in basement and never used. I got the bright idea to get rid of the large desk & put in the dining set so that all 3 of us can use our laptops (& maybe play board games). In my mind it would bring the 3 of us together at one table instead of each of us using laptops in separate rooms, So I packed up all my computer books, DH & DS wrestled the desk out to the curb, comfy massage chair and books to the curb too. Everything disappeared within minutes. Now discovering dining chairs are very uncomfortable, there is no storage, and generally it all looks crappy. Cannot buy more/other furnishings as hope to retire soon. Desk was worth at least $300 (but DH felt too much trouble to try & sell) . Now thinking maybe I sacrificed decent looking functional room for dream of family togetherness. Rant over - if you read this far, thanks for listening.

Comments (20)