SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blitzyblond_protege

long Personal rant:: acquaintences vs pros.

It seems like to me in all the forums I butt-into and lurk there is always one or two that find it necessary to take every opportunity to Lecture an OP about how you should not consider the personal opinions posted here as professional counsel on their individual situation.

Any one who asks a group of non-professionals (strangers/acquaintances/friends/or even family) a question and thinks they are going to get INDIVIDUALIZED Professional Advice is less-then-intelligent. I believe every one here (or on other the other forums) clearly understands that the Postings here are 99.99% PERSONAL experience and PERSONAL opinion.

In most situations people ask around for opinions, referrals, and advise so they have a better understanding of something and better questions to ask a professional when they do seek one; moreover, they may have a better idea of WHICH professional to consult.

I feel like I have chosen to be involved in forums that draw compassionate, intelligent, honorable people who offer advise and experiences in areas I may be feeling curious or overwhelmed about. They are honorable enough to speak PAINFULLY honest to me and compassionate enough to see I know what to ask whom or just express words of compassion and encouragement.

I think the words "in my [personal] opinion (IMO)..." or "I would suggest(IWS)..." definitely remind both OP and respondents that these are opinions and I see these inserted in postings often.

Well, I'm done ranting about these boring lectures (IMO). Thank you good people for allowing me to air out my ruffled feathers.

l.marie

Comments (33)