SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

Decision made...I'm moving forward!

User
15 years ago

I posted this on my diet club and wanted to share my update with my pals over here too.

Good news - I've made a decision to try AA as recommended by my doctor. There is a church that is a 5 minute walk from my house - they host a Tues lunch meeting. I'll be starting that next week. I had a beer yesterday after thinking about joining...why did I do that? Am I afraid to say goodbye to a beer? Good heavens I do need help. I asked myself if I enjoyed it when done - nope. I drank out of spite. WRONG. I took an online quiz at the AA site - out of 12 questions I scored 50% for indicating that alcohol is a problem in my life. So I am going to start with this next week. Can't hurt. I don't drink often but when I do it's never right. Once I get settled into this routine I hope to get back on paying attention to my eating patterns which always suffer with my fall SAD. One thing at a time. Thanks for listening to my journey on this - it's all part of taking better care of myself.

If anyone who is reading this is having a problem with depression, self medicating with alcohol, I want you to know you are not alone. There is nothing to be ashamed of by any standard. It's an illness that is treatable. See your doctor for a checkup and be honest. There is so much help out there now for us - don't suffer alone. If you want to talk about it you can get my email from my member's page. I'm a great listener and I do care.

Hugs to everyone,

Peggy

Comments (17)