SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemaryt_gw

We had our housewarming party yesterday! Photos!

rosemaryt
12 years ago

The party was scheduled to start at 12:00 noon, and we'd invited about 35 people. By 12:05, we had a solitary knock at the door. It was my friend Carla. I asked her, "How do you feel about eating 20 hot dogs and 24 hamburgers?"

Within a few minutes, the rest of the gang showed up and we had a big crowd and I think folks had a good time.

I got SO BUSY I didn't have time to take photos of the PEOPLE and I'm so disappointed - but I did take some photos of the house.

Pre-party, we spent DAYS cleaning up the house and yard, so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to get some photos.

Enjoy the photos.

Here's a picture of the small side yard, which shows the picket fence we put up for Teddy the Dog. She has a lot of space to run, now.

Our back yard is one of my favorite places. I love it! And it lends itself well to outside parties. :)

And our sunporch. When we bought the house, the smell out there would bring tears to your eyes. It had indoor-outdoor carpet (deep green) and had been used as a kennel for the pets. There was kitty litter and pet excrement throughout the carpet. Pretty rough. The walls, trim, ceiling, and windows were all the same color: YELLOW, and it was old yellow, and not attractive. Took two coats of paint to cover up that dark yellow paint.

The master bedroom, with a hand-made quilt that my mother gave me about 15 years ago. I love that quilt. :)

The spare room (my room) with a smaller four-poster bed. I love this room. And yes, it's pink!

Mr. Husband's "man cave."

The pink bathroom - a flashback to 1962. I love the pink and grey tile. :)

Our living room - with its blue carpet. The 1980s were good years, too and apparently, that's when the carpet was installed. It's in pretty nice shape.

Another view of the living room. My husband bought that entertainment center from Ethan Allen about four years ago. It's massive and it's solid quarter-sawn oak. I think it weighs a little more than my car.

The kitchen:

This valance over the kitchen is enchanting.

Our hallway is adorned with many family photos:

And everyone's favorite room is the den. It is beautiful, even though I just had to spend $1,000 fixing the masonry fireplace.

Comments (17)