SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeperblues

Really interesting Ebay situation

sleeperblues
9 years ago

I sold an item of clothing on Wednesday. I participate in the global shipping program on Ebay, which consists of shipping an item to US distribution center where Ebay charges customs and shipping to the international destination. Usually the total costs come out to double what the end of the auction was. I only pay domestic shipping to the distribution center.

The buyer paid for the item (I offered free shipping on that item) but asked me to wait to ship since he had a bid on another item that ended yesterday. Last night he messaged me that he wanted combined shipping on the items (mind you, the first was free anyways) and that he didn't want to pay customs through ebay and wanted to just pay me through paypal. I told him no, but he sent the money anyway. Just the money for the item, no shipping (which was 9.00). So this dude wants me to ship these items to Sweden, which would probably cost me 50.00 for a total sale of 43.00!! I've seen it all!!

I will refund his money for both items and contact Ebay. There are crooks all over the world, I guess. Does this dude really think I'm that stupid?

Comments (11)