SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

My 'Baby Niece', my 'firstborn' is married!

caroline94535
13 years ago

My darling niece, LeAudra, just sent me, and a scores more of her nearest and dearest, a text message.

It read...

"Officially off the market now. 1:39 p.m., Sept. 30."

Of course, I knew this since I watched the 1 p.m. wedding on the Chapel's live cam.

My friend in Delaware joined me for the ceremony by telephone. She on her computer, me on mine, both of us watching and tearing up. She daintily; I was sobbing and snorting. I would have caused a scene had I been there. (Circumstances and health issues beyond my control prevented me from going.)

LeAudra, Brandon, and the ceremony were all absolutely beautiful. Seeing the dress "in person" was wonderful; it was lovely on her. It was neither too casual, nor to formal. It was impeccable.

The feathery/crystalized hair piece was sublimely gorgeous for her upswept, French-rolled hairstyle.

The dark red/burnt orange bouquet, which seemed a bit small to me when viewing it at the floral shop, was just perfect for her, the dress, the ceremony...everything. The size, the colors, the touch of green...all in absolute harmony.

I only got a glimpse of her shoes, but they looked fabulous. I'm sure they're interesting and wild. I can't wait to see a good photo of them. Baby Girl knows her shoes. Always has, from age 1.

Brandon wore a back suit, black shirt, dark red tie and white boutonniere. He was a loving and attentive bridegroom, not to mention "dashing" and "debonair."

His mother stood as LeAudra's matron of honor, and his step-father was groomsman.

The minister was wonderful: he spoke from the Song of Solomon regarding the powerful peace and love to be found when keeping your words "sweet like honey."

They exchanged vows and rings; they teared up and kissed, and then they walked down the aisle, out the door, and into their future.

- - -

My little baby girl. Grown up. Married.

28 years ago I held her for the first time. As soon as I looked into those old/wise/newborn eyes we knew one another; we were joined at the heart.

- - -

Forgive me. I might have stressed out the words "Perfect," "Absolutely," and "Beautiful." Still, as my dear nephew would say when he was a little boy, "But it's truuuuuuuuuue!"

Comments (5)