SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

I'm delighted...about a shower curtain rod

caroline94535
11 years ago

Long and rambling, as always...

Ahhh...simple pleasures for simple minds. Mine, of course.

I've been on a "shower curtain rod" quest. We completely gutted and remodeled the bathroom ages ago. It's nice; I think it's pretty; it's functional...except I couldn't find "the" shower curtain rod.

Our shopping selections are limited, to say the least. I wanted:

- A double curtain rod. I want a "beautiful" fabric curtain on the outside of the tub and a serviceable, inexpensive, vinyl liner on the inside.

- A curved rod, mainly because I've never had one.

- I did not want it to be "extendable" or tension mounted. I want the rods to be cut to size, one-piece, and not have the connector to catch the curtain rings.

- Must be a nice, brushed nickle finish. I understand the decorating gurus have said brushed nickle is "out." By the time I get this house finished it will be "in" again.

Time passed; I didn't find what I wanted and we were content to use the basement shower, even though the concrete floor has yet to be tiled.

Last week I slapped myself out of my brain-fog, got on line, and ordered exactly what I wanted.

And now it has already been delivered!

It's even more beautiful, solid, and substantial than I hoped for. The mounting brackets are solid brass and heavy enough for me to probably swing from! I am delighted with it.

Is it odd to be delighted with a shower curtain rod? Is it even more odd to consider you could possible swing from your shower rod?

Now I just have to decide on the height placement and then call LaVonne! She's teaching me to drill through tile.

I'll post an "after" photo once the rod is hung.

Comments (11)