SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

Show me your shower curtains and rod installation!

flseadog
15 years ago

Please help. We are entering the final lap on all the picky details for our new build. One bathroom for the grandchildren has the standard Kohler Villager 14" high tub and the ceiling above the tub is 7'4" high. The water supply for the shower is at 78" high. We intend to use a curved rod. At what height should the shower rod be mounted? I have been presuming we would use a standard 72" length shower curtain liner but now I'm wondering if the curve of the bar will make this too short if the rod is mounted at the usual height of 76".

The other bathroom will function as a guest bath and powder room and will have a Kohler Memoirs tub that is 17" high. The ceiling over the tub in this room will be 8'5". With a ceiling this high is it okay to still mount the curved shower curtain rod at the standard height since the water supply arm is at the standard 78" high? Or would a longer curtain be more appropriate for the high ceiling? I have been told by a friend that there is such a thing as a "hotel length" shower curtain that would be better for the space but haven't been able to find any information.

I'm very design challenged and can't visualize any of this. Opinions and pictures will be appreciated.

Comments (14)